Issue with sending Google Maps to MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Issue with sending Google Maps to MFT

TimSuds

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I love the feature allowing to send Google Map addresses to MFT and have 'Services' map them automatically.

However, I've tried this 4 times and twice MFT took me to a location that was actually about a mile from the actual address. The address was shown properly on Google Maps but MFT sent me astray.

Is this an issue with Google or with MFT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably MFT

Google > MFT

Has worked fine for me quite a number of times.

Also I just learned to control the route a bit better beyond fastest, shortest, etc by viewingthe route and editing the turn list....sounds like something you wouldn;t do while driving but you just look at the list of highways or roads it's chosen and you touch the little avoid button and it avoids that highway.

I would think it has more to do with the lackluster quality of the map data in the current version of MFT. It is my hope that the big update coming down the line will do better in that department.

It has been my experience that the telenav map data can be about one to three blocks off. Others report it is spot on. It would seem that certain areas have better coverage, but Houston is not one of them. I guess being the fourth largest city in the U.S. isn't enough to get you good map coverage here, lol.

I would think it has more to do with the lackluster quality of the map data in the current version of MFT. It is my hope that the big update coming down the line will do better in that department.

It has been my experience that the telenav map data can be about one to three blocks off. Others report it is spot on. It would seem that certain areas have better coverage, but Houston is not one of them. I guess being the fourth largest city in the U.S. isn't enough to get you good map coverage here, lol.

Well the 7th largest city seems to have spot on maps.

It's probably because it's Houston ;)

Well the 7th largest city seems to have spot on maps.

It's probably because it's Houston ;)

You hurt me, man. You hurt me deep, real deep. :D

If I enter the address directly into MFT, it routes me there fine. It's when I send the address via Google Maps when it misdirects me.

I just get really tired of fighting with MFT to get it to understand an address using voice commands.

If I enter the address directly into MFT, it routes me there fine. It's when I send the address via Google Maps when it misdirects me.

I just get really tired of fighting with MFT to get it to understand an address using voice commands.

to solve the problem buy a $150 GPS, have had no issues with mine, gets me where I want to go, enter and drive. :p: but I am sure its frustrating when something doesn't work

to solve the problem buy a $150 GPS, have had no issues with mine, gets me where I want to go, enter and drive. :p: but I am sure its frustrating when something doesn't work

You'd be surprised how often I end up using the Garmin GPS app on my Iphone instead of the MFT.

Either I get too frustrated with MFT not understanding my voice command instructions, or I use the Services option and then receive a busy signal when it attempts to download the address to the car or I get tired of waiting for the MFT to become available after starting the car.

It's pretty sad...

Well, that is another thing entirely. How strange... I got nothing for that one.

Back