Issues with my A/C (again) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Issues with my A/C (again)

Reaction score
City, State
Richardsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Can anyone help me with these? I just went through this with a Chevy we got rid of and it was the blend door actuators but this time it’s warm everywhere in the car. Other than checking/charging the refrigerant any ideas. I’m out of town and would like to get it going again for the wife.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone help me with these? I just went through this with a Chevy we got rid of and it was the blend door actuators but this time it’s warm everywhere in the car. Other than checking/charging the refrigerant any ideas. I’m out of town and would like to get it going again for the wife.

What is the problem? The AC never comes on or it is just blowing hot air. I notice you are in VA if you are close to DC that is where the Hot Air is coming from(-; Seriously are you near the EX? If so is the AC compressor kicking in? Does it get colder if the engine rev's? A little more information is needed to help you.

Mike

Ok I’m back home, all fuses are getting power but clutch is not kicking on, clutch is easy to spin not seized up. I’ve jumped Systems on the low pressure switch before to draw refrigerant in. Any ideas on this Explorer. Ford must have really hidden the low pressure switch, I can’t find it.

I jumped the relay in the fuse box and got the clutch running... was able to charge the system to 30psi (in the green) before running out.. all is well and back to normal.

HVAC issue is back

Sorry to bring this back, just need some guidance. The charge I put in the system is a few psi lower than I left it. Ac is not blowing as cold anymore and a bit warmer on the driver side.

Do you all think this is ONLY a Freon/leak issue or maybe a combined blend door actuator issue? Thanks.

I think it would be a good idea to find out why the PSI has dropped. Although I'm not that familiar with the whole system, I would think that even if the refrigerant level was low, you should get the same air temperature coming out of both the passenger and driver side vents.

Peter

Back