Jeff's 99' Mountaineer!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jeff's 99' Mountaineer!!!!

I've had my car for about 2 years now and a lot of miles, and started messing with as soon as I got it! It's got the 5.0 Liter V8 engine, leather, and as far as I know it's fully loaded. Aight enough about what's stock, here's what I've changed:)

ENGINE:
Gibson Swept Side Exhaust
Superchip Model 1715 Tuner Highest Performance NO-TOW
MAC chrome intake and conical filter
Custom Tuned Pro-M 75MM Mass Airflow Sensor

HANDLING:
Suspension drop
Edelbrock Shocks
New Solid rear sway bar
Polyeurothane bushings
Camber adjusters
Torsion bar adjustments
Pirelli Scorpion Zero's sitting on a set of chrome Cobra R 17's

INTERIOR:
Custom sunroof

STEREO:
MACH Speaker System, 8 inch integrated subwoofer, 350 watt integrated speaker amp, six CD changer mounted in the arm rest
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X969 head unit
Kenwood Excelon X810D 1600 Watt Mono Amplifier
Two Kicker CVR 12 Inch Subwoofers, to replace my Two Audiobahn 12's
Custom Dual Subwoofer Enclosure
SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Other:
Garmin Streetpilot III color talking GPS
Bel 985 Radar Detector

The car just hit 60,000 miles a few days ago and is still running like new! More pictures are on my cardomain site. Oh yeah my stats:

Roswell, GA
E-mail: GTA357@yahoo.com
Site: www.cardomain.com/id/gta357
AIM Screen name: BerryDude 42

Thanks for checking out my car!

Attachments

• Mountaineer 028 (Medium).jpg
    Mountaineer 028 (Medium).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 429
  • Mountaineer 048 (Medium).jpg
    Mountaineer 048 (Medium).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Mountaineer 015 (Medium).jpg
    Mountaineer 015 (Medium).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 406

Thats great looking! That makes me wanna go down to the dealer and pick up the '00 White/Gray V8 Explorer they have sitting on the lot!!

By any chance can you grab a pic of the sunroof? Whats custom about it?

IAmTodd said:
Thats great looking! That makes me wanna go down to the dealer and pick up the '00 White/Gray V8 Explorer they have sitting on the lot!!

By any chance can you grab a pic of the sunroof? Whats custom about it?

Hey! thanks a lot!:) I really love my car. sure I have several pictures of it, the one of the sunroof itself is a little hard to see because it's REALLY hard to get a good angle on the ceiling! I'll get something better tomorrow when it's light out but this will give you a general idea. The controls are in the light housing right by the digital thermometer and they are all automatic. What I mean by that is I press "open" and let it go and it does it all itself, same with "vent." also, when I turn the car off it automatically closes itself (which is good cause I'm sure I'd have forgotten about it one day just before a rainstorm otherwise!) unless the "ASC" button is in red, then it stays open regardless. I compared the sunroof itself to my friends Explorer and it's significantly bigger (longer) than the standard sunroof as well. Let me know if I can help with anything else! like I said tomorrow I'll get some pictures of the sunroof from the outside so you can see how it looks.

Attachments

• Mountaineer 094 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    Mountaineer 094 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 406
  • Mountaineer 096 (Medium).jpg
    Mountaineer 096 (Medium).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 394

ok, sorry about the delay but I just haven't had any free time! here's a couple more of the sunroof, I didn't notice the leaf stuck in the sun screen until after I was back in the house LOL but hey it adds character right?:) It's been raining for like a month straight down here so the roof is really dirty as you can plainly see as well, and the morons where I got the car detailed last week waxed the black trim and rubber around my sunroof so it's all nice and white now!

Attachments

• pictures 178 (Medium).jpg
    pictures 178 (Medium).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 382
  • pictures 176 (Medium).jpg
    pictures 176 (Medium).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Copy of pictures 177 (Small).jpg
    Copy of pictures 177 (Small).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 374

Back