Joe Dirt impression | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt impression

I tried my best Joe Dirt impression last weekend, and spent 4 hours on my Ex. First step was a good claying. Then, I did the first past with a 7" polisher cheapy from HF that worked pretty well. I use a yellow foam pad for 1st pass, and second pass. Then I used a $15 pad from Napa, and a 3M product made specifically for dark vehicles and did 2 passes with that. Then I used Meguires cleaner wax/polish to top it off. Tell what you think!

Attachments

• DSCN3187.JPG
    DSCN3187.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN3190.JPG
    DSCN3190.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCN3188.JPG
    DSCN3188.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 337

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks pretty damn good!

I was just "Joe-Dirtin" my engine bay earlier:p:

Good weekend for cleaning huh? I spent a good 4 hours claying, polishing, and waxing my baby too.

...and yet I spent all weekend driving in the woods and getting mine dirty. Jeez- you guys really need to stop obsessing over the outward appearance of a vehicle meant to drive in the dirt. :shifty_ey

Looks great Scott! You might want to top the cleaner wax with a coat of NXT 2.0, will bump the protection a little going into winter. That's what I would do, you know- if I cared how my truck looked... :p:

I tried my best Joe Dirt impression last weekend, and spent 4 hours on my Ex. First step was a good claying. Then, I did the first past with a 7" polisher cheapy from HF that worked pretty well. I use a yellow foam pad for 1st pass, and second pass. Then I used a $15 pad from Napa, and a 3M product made specifically for dark vehicles and did 2 passes with that. Then I used Meguires cleaner wax/polish to top it off. Tell what you think!

You did a very good job! I might do that soon when I have time. BTW, I like the way the treads look on your tires. What kind of tires are they?

You did a very good job! I might do that soon when I have time. BTW, I like the way the treads look on your tires. What kind of tires are they?

BFG's All terrains 31". I love them in all seasons.

Joe, You really think that would be the best way to go?

It's a nice polymer topper- it will last longer...

Back