Joe Dirt's Wedgie | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Yeah, it sounded funny worded that way. :D Yes, I let my 6 year old name the car. When I mentioned that it was Wedgewood Blue, the name was blurted out in 5 seconds.

She's Deep Wedgewood Blue with a Dark Graphite leather interior.
105,000 miles, a V8 AWD of course, and sporting leather chaps inside. :D

So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like sands through the hourglass so are the days of our lives....to be continued.
Will Wedgie get that much needed wash?
How long until it warms up enough to paint the mounty's grille?
Is the banana creme chocodile the flagship of the CWD empire?
and
Where the hell is that missing bosch sparkplug?
Stay tuned....

haha

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

HaHa!! lynchy is on a roll :)

Wedgie is a factory freak:( While replacing the rear wiper motor this afternoon I got curious and checked the axle code, 45 (3.55 open). Maybe there was a problem with the door and it was replaced at some point, I'll crawl under and check the axle tag. WTF it says 3.55 open too. Body lift and 33's on hold:(

I also have 3.55 open in both the 98 and 05 :( This thread should have a rename. :dunno:

I was only talking about 2nd gen v8 explorers. But they are coming out of the woodwork after me not ever seeing one before.

I know. I was just putting in my 0.02 The 3.55 open on a V8 sucks. I also mentioned my 2nd gen explorer in my post...

Wow- I never even looked at that! I've never seen one that wasn't a limited-slip truck! I'll have to look at Deuce, as when we were coming home from the pickup, we rolled on the highway from 30-80 and Deuce was about 1-1/2 cars ahead at the end.

Ok... this explains that- 3.73 LSD

IMG01556-20110223-0859.jpg

I was only talking about 2nd gen v8 explorers. But they are coming out of the woodwork after me not ever seeing one before.

XLT's had std 3.55's with 3.73's optional. All EB's, LTD's, and Mounty's had 3.73's stock.

This is for a 2000 XLT V8 AWD

Capture-1.jpg

I wish I had 3.73's......then I would be more likely to do the transfercase swap.Problem is I don't need 2 offroad trucks.:D

Learn something new everyday I guess.

I only learned it a few days ago, because I was looking up what axles were standard and optional on my EB.

Wedgie haha, more like spawn of satan. The rear windshield wiper didn't work, Joe thought it was the motor. So I replaced it and still didn't work. Maybe it's the switch or a relay? Swapped the ones from the mounty in and still no go, and my wiper still worked with wedgies relays and switch. Now comes the kicker I pull mine apart and plug the 2 motors that came with wedgie in and neither one of them work. Ok the spare Joe pulled from the yard must be dead, no biggie. Plug mine back in and now it won't work either after working 5 minutes earlier. So in conclusion wedgie is evil and is sabotaging the mounty too.:( I think it's jealous of the far superior mountaineer.

Or the Wedgester knows he will no longer be cared and cleaned for like a baby with a wet diaper.....

Hahaha classic. Maybe you should change her name to Christine.

Wedgie is waging a war. It's pissed that it hasn't had it's 2-a-week detail yet. :D

Rondo is right- I asked you the other day if you had waxed yet. You said no, and I knew all hell was about to break loose. :O

On another note, that wiper did work until about 2 months ago- I put that uniblade on there trying to get it to wipe. Of course, it was still missing the window. So, I messed with the arm and the blade got caught in the channel between the hatch and the window. After that, it didn't work, I figured the motor burned up, so I picked up the spare, and that was the motor and arm in the truck. No idea why the other one won't work... :dunno:

The real lesson here- wax the truck. :)
Posted via craptacular Blackberry Mobile Device

Back