John Rock Memorial Meet and Run | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

John Rock Memorial Meet and Run

Glad to see that it all went well:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great photo's mate!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Look's like an awesome day and I'm glad every one had a good time (even Jack...eventually!:D )

Nice set of vehicles :) glad the meet/memorial run went well.

Glad to see that it all went well:chug:

Thank you folks!!!! Yes, Jack decided to throw a curve ball, it just flat out stalled, Jeff told me the fuel pump was weak, so gotta order one, but after that it was really smooth.
More pics will be coming, I have a bunch, but other folks will want to post theirs so I only posted a few.

And to BigRondo, I had a beer in your name for John, and to BD, I had a Pepsi in your name for John.

And to Julia, Thanks for being there at the run and being brave and nice to have your pic taken with this old fart in front of my rig!!!

IMG_0316.jpg

Awesome! Absolutely freakin awesome. Glad all went well. I was thinking about you guys today, said a few words for John, and hoisted a pint or 2. :chug:

And the person who was waiting to put his boat in the water was patient with us taking the pics, whoever you are, thanks!!

Fantastic stuff you all. A true memorial weekend!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Appreciate the sharing and hope to see some more pic's!!!!!:):thumbsup:

Awesome! Absolutely freakin awesome. Glad all went well. I was thinking about you guys today, said a few words for John, and hoisted a pint or 2. :chug:

Fantastic stuff you all. A true memorial weekend!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Appreciate the sharing and hope to see some more pic's!!!!!:):thumbsup:

Thank You BigRondo and Greg.
It was a great tribute to a fallen comrade, wonderful peeps and great weather, (ok, it broke 100 and no a/c but the windows rolled down). There were a lot of pics taken, sure more are coming.

Totally enjoyed the weekend. It was tad bit hot, but thanks to Russell, he let me hitch a ride with him for the convoy part or else I would have been deep fried. Dang Ram doesn't have any A/C. :(

Anyways, got to meet some new faces and hook up with some old friends. The famous Dr. Jack and John and Chris' Sport Tracs were the highlight of the meet. I also got to see the EF members get into action on Mike's rig when it broke down. You couldn't even see the explorer for all the guys climbing in it and over it to get the issue fixed.

I hope we can do this again, but next time, I want to see some of these rigs drop it into 4 low. :D

Thanks goes to Mike for setting this all up and making a way for everybody to get there and also to Chris for letting us hang out at his house.

It was a great time with all!!! This was a joint effort from many folks, Chris, Thank You for allowing us to gather at your house, the road recon, and the knowledge of where to stop and have food and photo ops.

And most of all, to John_Rock, your wheeling buddies are gonna wheel with you on the other side, you are missed and you may not know how many lifes you touched with your friendship outside of your family. May you have an endless supply of zip ties. RIP buddy.

:chug:

great time

had a great time going out and supporting a great cause and paying some respects to a great man. Thanks for allowing my attendance. I loved the pics. :salute: Thanks for everything again. Beautiful 2 black Tracs!!!

note: zip ties gave me some ideas. :thumbsup:

Well, I just made it back to OKC tonight, and will throw up my pics tomorrow...I'm Tired :p:

Seriously, I had a great time, and it was wonderful to see both new and familer faces! The convoy was a great idea, and the BBQ was delicious! Some things I learned:

Dr. Jack doesnt like city streets :D

EF members can't park in a straight line

...And you can open beer bottles with a pair of flip flops....:confused:

And just FYI, The Nasty Bandit is now at it's new home. Will unload it tomorrow morning because i am about to pass out lol.

looks like yall had fun! seems like an awesome tribute, beautiful pictures as well!

...Wow...This picture could bring a tear to one's eyes..:(

246984_755290280501_44013058_37201134_6467759_n.jpg

had a great time going out and supporting a great cause and paying some respects to a great man. Thanks for allowing my attendance. I loved the pics. :salute: Thanks for everything again. Beautiful 2 black Tracs!!!

note: zip ties gave me some ideas. :thumbsup:

Glad you and your family made the run Dre, it was great meeting ya'll!!!

Glad to see you made it home Russel!! Was great to see you again, you'll have mosey on down our way more often :)

X2:thumbsup:

looks like yall had fun! seems like an awesome tribute, beautiful pictures as well!

We had a blast, and it sure was a great tribute, pics are awesome!!

...Wow...This picture could bring a tear to one's eyes..:(

246984_755290280501_44013058_37201134_6467759_n.jpg

It sure did

Here's one I have posted on FB that is really cool of Julia in the sport track but there is no background scenery like Russell"s.

IMG_0311.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a blast with yall this past weekend. Like Dan said it was great to meet new folks. I especially liked meeting Jeff, he seems to have a witty comment for every situation. I also have some good pictures that i can hopefully get uploaded soon.

Big thanks to Chris again, you have a beautiful home and it was a blast chilling in your garage. I think I will be making more drive to Marble Falls in the future it was great driving through the hills.

Let's not wait to long to meet up again.

Back