John Rock Memorial Meet and Run | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

John Rock Memorial Meet and Run

Close call today - due to the hail storm last night in Dallas I'm being deployed out there for work. So I was able to talk my boss into delaying me leaving till Sunday night. So I am 100% going to be able to make it!

I did call Coopers' BBQ in Llano, they apparently are now accepting debit/credit cards, so that is my mistake, they use to not take them. I did ask if we needed a reservation, they stated no, but they did say be prepared to wait in line for a little bit because of the memorial weekend. It's a cafe ordering style type, so you go in a line order what you want, pay and sit down. So the guy said just make sure we're all in line together and we'll be able to eat together !

Here's the place if you guys wanna check it out...
http://www.coopersbbqllano.com/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope you guys have good weather. :cool: I'm gonna raise a glass or 2 in honor of John and the memorial run. I wish I could be there. You are a good bunch of guys and John would be proud.

Here's wishing fair winds and following seas........................:salute:

X2:chug:

Mike you can add "MaNiAc55" to the list. His name is Randy, and he's an old friend of mine and John's from "Ford Truck World"!

Done!!!

I hope you guys have good weather. :cool: I'm gonna raise a glass or 2 in honor of John and the memorial run. I wish I could be there. You are a good bunch of guys and John would be proud.

Here's wishing fair winds and following seas........................:salute:

Thank you, Brother!!! :salute:

Thanks Greg!! (but not while driving :D)

Changed the info on the debit/credit card information in the 1st post, thanks for getting back on that Chris!!

I am going to add more info to the first post later today, will post in the thread when done.

Getting there!!

I hope everyone who can't be there keep him in their thoughts, we were all very lucky to know such a wonderful person. I know my life is forever changed knowing such a person as John. I look forward to this weekend and sharing all the wonderful memories we all have of him. Thanks to everyone.

I hope everyone who can't be there keep him in their thoughts, we were all very lucky to know such a wonderful person. I know my life is forever changed knowing such a person as John. I look forward to this weekend and sharing all the wonderful memories we all have of him. Thanks to everyone.

X2 Chris, I only meet John twice, but after the first time I felt I had always known him. He made one hell of an impression. THIS IS FOR JOHN_ROCK!!!!!

1st post updated.

Here is a link to the convoy route in Google maps.

Map

Dan's the man.

Well both Trac's are ready to go. Drive safely everyone, see you when you get here!

Leaving in a few minutes, will be meeting easymc and then headed down to Marble Falls. Hope to see a bunch of great fellow EF folks and John's friends in this tribute to a great person!!

WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!! ATTENDING TODAY:

GUEST OF HONOR: Ms. JULIA L. ARCHILA-JOHNSTONE

Reapereviltwin
Kris Guilbeaux
MrQ
TxPlates
Randall
SVO
Stang Girl
TexasArmadillo
Easymc
Dre0506 +2
NICE59FORDF100
MaNiAc55

We started to cconvoy around noon after some bs'ing at Txplates house, Jack gave a fit less than mile from the start point, but Jeff got it fixed in just a few minutes and then everything was fine from there on. After pusing Jack into a parking lot, (thanks for having us push uphill Bro!!), Jack was surrounded quickly by the EF members.

First Stop:

IMG_0299.jpg

Coming offr 281 onto 71,

Julia leading the group

IMG_0300.jpg

Russell ( sorry about the out of focus)

IMG_0301.jpg

Texasarmadillo

IMG_0302.jpg

Randall in Txplates rig

IMG_0304.jpg

SVO

IMG_0305.jpg

Group taking pics

IMG_0309.jpg

Saw the sign when we were leaving, oh well. :dunno:

IMG_0312.jpg

Great photo's mate!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Look's like an awesome day and I'm glad every one had a good time (even Jack...eventually!:D )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice set of vehicles :) glad the meet/memorial run went well.

Back