John Rock Memorial Meet and Run | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

John Rock Memorial Meet and Run

I've got a fishing trip scheduled right before Marble Falls, but I'll definitely be up there Saturday.

I like you guys, but when a fish gives me the finger I'm getting my pole...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Free bump :salute:

Thanks Russell!!

I've got a fishing trip scheduled right before Marble Falls, but I'll definitely be up there Saturday.

I like you guys, but when a fish gives me the finger I'm getting my pole...:D

We hope your there Dan, remember we start promptly at 12::45ish to 1:15ish sharply!!! ;) or around thereish

You can always fish off the bridge at Marble Falls, just stand beside the sign that says "No fishing from bridge"!!! Then you can give us the finger as we drive by and honk at ya!!!

...and promptly get fined. :D

The trip should be over early Friday, so I should have enough time to get my ass up there and then some.:cool:

Add a stop/slow sign to the bottom of your pole and you'll be laughing!

Mike came out today for a test run (great to see you again Mike!), and he'll be posting up some updates!

It was great to see you again Chris!!! Thanks for the info and letting me ride shotgun on the recon route, uploading pics now, will be posting them in a few with the updates.
Thanks again Chris! :biggthump

Start time and convoy route has been changed. Not major changes, just for the better.

1st post updated.

Pics still uploading, pony express horse threw a shoe.

The bridge crossing the Colorado leaving Marble Falls

IMG_0282.jpg

The turn off to Texas 71 going to LLano, not much on landmarks, but clearly marked.

IMG_0283.jpg

Cruising down 71

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Coming up to the turnoff to Tx29 in Llano

IMG_0286.jpg

Outside of Llano

IMG_0287.jpg

Photo op point on FM 1431

IMG_0292.jpg

Eating Places on the route.

BBQ house in Llano
IMG_0289.jpg

Mexican Food house just on the other side of Llano

IMG_0290.jpg

A cafe on FM1431

IMG_0293.jpg

The BBQ house and Mexican food cafe's are just a little past the halfway point. The cafe on FM 1431 is near the end of the route.

Alright guys, time to vote, these are 3 best choices to stop and get some grub along our route, so lets vote out of the three..majority wins!

Mike and I also found another great place along Highway 71 where we can take the rigs up off the road for a great photo op as well....I think everyone will approve...

Alright guys, time to vote, these are 3 best choices to stop and get some grub along our route, so lets vote out of the three..majority wins!

Mike and I also found another great place along Highway 71 where we can take the rigs up off the road for a great photo op as well....I think everyone will approve...

LOL! Thanks Chris, I was just thinking of posting the pics of the eating places, dur!

Yepper, that spot along 71, I forgot about that, that will be a great place for pics!!!!

Can you add 1 Sport Trac and 3 people (Myself, my fiance, and my lil future off-roader) to the list of attendees? I didnt know Mr. Johnstone but I would love to honor him and fellow Soldiers that have passed and also meet up with some Sport Trac owners.

Can you add 1 Sport Trac and 3 people (Myself, my fiance, and my lil future off-roader) to the list of attendees? I didnt know Mr. Johnstone but I would love to honor him and fellow Soldiers that have passed and also meet up with some Sport Trac owners.

Glad you all will attend!!! Your added! And as a retired old soldier, double glad your attending!!! :salute:

4 days left everybody!!

...and I vote BBQ.

Bbq is fine with me.

Oh yea, surprise, ill be there. I am going to Austin this week, and.figured I would come by since I would be so close. :cool:

4 days left everybody!!

...and I vote BBQ.

The BBQ place would prob be the best place, it's cafeteria style ordering and picnic table style seating and it's in the middle of the run, I believe they only take cash and check.....

Bbq is fine with me.

Oh yea, surprise, ill be there. I am going to Austin this week, and.figured I would come by since I would be so close. :cool:

As much as I like chicken fried steak, I have to agree with the BBQ place, it's nearly at the middle of the run and plenty of seating.

Awesome Russell!!! See ya there!!! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back