• Register Today It's free!

Just got my X3 programmer

CHEESYPOOFS

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0 2wd
I just got my X3 programmer for my 98 Explorer XLT from James at www.hensonperformance.com (Thanks james :D ). I got 3 tunes an 87, an 89, and a 93 octane tune, all street/racing. I will be programming in my X tomorrow morning with the 87 octane tune and ill use that till im out of gas then ill fill up and tune the 93 octane. Im just so damn excited ^_^ lol. Ill keep yall updated on how it goes (if anyone really cares to hear about it lol)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be interested in knowing how the 87 and the 89 tune compares to stock. Then what kind of performance gain there is by going to the 93. Too bad we can't strap it to a dyno and check.

well i installed the 87 and just like after installing the exhaust and the intake there is a noticable difference. i cant w8 till im low on gas so i can fill up with 93 and put in that tune. only issue im having is it wants to shift into second at about 5200 rpms instead of 4800.

Can you adjust the shift points in the user adjustments?
That raised shift point is of benefit, if the goal is quick acceleration. Does it seem to loose "pull" before it shifts, or does it still pull up to the shift?

naw as soon as it hits 5000 it loses pull but i fixed it with the WOT 1-2 setting. now i got it just where it pulls all the way thru. shifts just at the right point

well ive been driving all day with the 87 tune and i have to say..... I LOVE IT! im so happy with the improvements its definately noticable and i cant wait to try out the 93 tune to see even more improvement. Definately well worth the investment ^_^

good to hear. The ol' "seat of the pants" meter is always a good one to see improvement.

Cool, good to hear you are happy. If you would like I could send a new tune with the wot shifts corrected.-j Email me!

What did it run ya? also do you know if they have em for the 4.0 or just the 5.0?

What did it run ya? also do you know if they have em for the 4.0 or just the 5.0?

he can send you one for just about anything im sure :D ;) just got my SF3 tuner last week and its amazing

its a great deal. u can get an SCT X3 and 3 custom tunes for 389 bucks. just call him up and im sure he can hook u up. his number is (205) 531-0598 and the website is hensonperofrmance.com. he is a great guy and about as helpful as they come

hmm well i have a 95 XLT with the 4.0 and i was curios if there were any out for it. Do you know if that particular vehicle can take tunes? If so what do you charge for a tuner.

yea he can set up a few tunes for ya real easy

Ya once I found out what he charges I think I might have to see if i can scrounge up the money to get one lol.

its definately a great investment. makes ur car alot more fun to drive

Back