Jwig's 04'x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jwig's 04'x4

Well I took advantage of the 2 for 1 sale :D and went elite! This site has given me a ton of ideas and has killed countless hours of boredom in the office so I wanted to at least give my support to the site. A little history on myself, my name is Josh and I am currently serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan :usa:. I am honored to serve and I am proud to live in a place that we can build up our trucks and then drive freely to go put them to the test. My current explorer is actually my second as I used to own a 98. I traded it out for a 04 limited v6 with 96K in Oct of 2010. I found this website three months later and like many before me, my addiction set in....

The day after I bought her:
NewExplorer.jpg

First thing I did was buy a brush guard with 2 HID lights, 35% tint on the front windows, and purchase bigger tires Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/17's:
WindowTintDriver.jpg

NewTires2.jpg

NewTires3.jpg

NewTires5.jpg

Next came the Yakima Basket:
2011-04-27_11-28-21_59.jpg

then 3" body lift:
2011-04-27_13-16-36_110.jpg

2011-04-27_14-15-58_135.jpg

2011-04-27_15-07-35_903.jpg

2011-04-27_15-07-11_396.jpg

100_0269.jpg

I got 4 more HID light to go up top:
SDC16566.jpg

SDC16569.jpg

SDC16567.jpg

That's how she sits now. I also had a Python remote start put in and I'm not 100% sure but I think my wife is having my stereo put in as a Christmas present..time will tell. I come home on leave around Christmas so hopefully I will have time to put in the KKM Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Mount my Moto Metal 951's, do the LED swap, install the upper and lower billet grille and a couple of other things. Not to mention change the oil and fuel filter and pamper her up a little bit :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Gettin the new wheels put on this morning!

Alright guys here she is for the most part..I got everything finished except swapping out the LED's and putting the Billet grilles on (like the two easiest things). I tried taking alot of pictures but my wife would laugh at me everytime I wanted to take new ones so I stopped short of all the different angles I wanted with everything, anyways, enjoy:

New Wheels (Moto Metal 951's)
2011-12-22_10-22-56_258.jpg

2011-12-22_10-23-17_221.jpg

2011-12-22_10-23-24_917.jpg

Random shot's

100_0676.jpg

100_0663.jpg

100_0677.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0678.jpg

2011-12-22_10-23-04_781.jpg

The Lights and Interior

2011-12-22_10-33-54_804.jpg

2011-12-26_10-22-58_847.jpg

100_0723.jpg

100_0725.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0706.jpg

All-in-all it was a very productive two weeks regarding my truck :D Cant wait til Summer! Wish me luck as I head back to the desert!

Lookin good man. When will the btf spacers be at your door :D

Good luck over there josh, can't wait to see what you get done next summer

Lookin good man. When will the btf spacers be at your door :D

Good luck over there josh, can't wait to see what you get done next summer

Mine should be here by the end of the week...or that's what Ronin claims :D

Wigs...im sure after putting on all that stuff in such a short amount of time you have yourself thinking "****, now im bored" haha

Steve, they'll be here in a couple months ;)

Kyle, it was more like "gimme more" haha

Holding off till the summer for the CB?

Haha, nope I completely forgot to take a picture or the finished product! here is one of my dad and I working on it..it looks very similar to your except I put a on off switch because I didnt want it constantly draining power if my truck will be sitting in my driveway for weeks on end.
2011-12-26_15-21-38_135.jpg

Looking good! We need to go to Coal Creek sometime.

Looking good! We need to go to Coal Creek sometime.

Absolutely! I'll be out and about quite a bit this summer so we'll plan something maybe around may?

Absolutely! I'll be out and about quite a bit this summer so we'll plan something maybe around may?

That may work, we have some people here in middle tn planning a trip up there in either may or early june.

That may work, we have some people here in middle tn planning a trip up there in either may or early june.

Sound like fun! are the guys planning the run on the site or guys you know?

Sound like fun! are the guys planning the run on the site or guys you know?

Yea it's bunch of guys I go with around here, don't if you heard of it but we go to place around here called Wooly's Off Road park. When it get's closer to the time ww will be up there, I'll let you know. I still have to get my spacers and my 1.5"BL on before then.

Yea it's bunch of guys I go with around here, don't if you heard of it but we go to place around here called Wooly's Off Road park. When it get's closer to the time ww will be up there, I'll let you know. I still have to get my spacers and my 1.5"BL on before then.

Yea please do, I'll be putting on my spacers and new springs and struts when I get home so I'll be eager to test them out!

Yea please do, I'll be putting on my spacers and new springs and struts when I get home so I'll be eager to test them out!

Will do. Did you install the light using the factory crossbar and if you did how is it holding up?

Will do. Did you install the light using the factory crossbar and if you did how is it holding up?

I did man, I just drilled four holes evenly spaced and placed the lights in there. Its holding up great!

Back