TeeJay's 2005 Exploder | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TeeJay's 2005 Exploder

Well I picked up my explorer on 04/09/10. She had 80,519 on the clock.

To date ive had:

-Rebuilt motor at 80,627..yes it blew up about 3 days later..I had a dealership warranty though thank god.

-Egr valve had to be replaced at 95,495

-Rebuilt transmission, everything possible in it is brand new. (115,000)

-No other problems besides these!

Shes at 119,000 now..

The day I got her..
poppylookingfirstday.jpg

Firstday.jpg

Some of the interior..

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

HID's were the first mod I ever did to it..

HID4.jpg

Then I added the black Headlights/Corners

dayofterragrapplers.jpg

Next I added oversize 265/65/17 Nitto terra grapplers..

fgsdfgsg.jpg

fdgsdfgsgrf.jpg

Next I removed the running boards and painted the roof rack and added a bug guard..

ghjgh-1.png

Many more mods to come!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Teejay4490 said:
Lol yeah I know, 222,222 would be pretty epic

Looking forward to mine! About 50k away though...

Teejay4490 said:
Also I had to replace my alternator..150 to have it delivered on the side of I-95 :mad:

I'll bet that was a real pain in the ass... Should have had one of those FL Highway Road Rangers change it for you for free..

The 4.0 looks SO MUCH DIFFERENT than my 4.6....

Well the alternator itself was 130.00 with a 20 dollar delivery fee and I wasnt in a road ranger zone lol.

And it only took me about 30 minutes by myself, Its popping the belt off, 3 bolts a couple clips and thats about it. The real pita is putting the belt back on by yourself.

And yeah rub it in you have a V8 lol, I would say well i get better gas mileage but thats probably not true.

Ordered a K&N CAI and new grill, will update when they get here.

Have to say Nice Ex, but WoW nice T Type, would love to see more pics of the pseudo GN!! My 1st vehicle was a 1980 Regal, been in love with the T-Types and GN's ever since! Maybe one day....

Appreciate birchman, depending on how soon I can get a job im going to be ordering BTF spacers soooon

And thank ya greenmachine, I may let the Ex go one day but the T-type shall be mine forever lol. But yeah ill try to snap a few pics of it!

Well I got rid of the explorer today for another one, next chapter in the explorer game.

You got a nice 1st gen?

Lol no, a 2002 XLT 4x4. Its gonna get its own registry here soon

Ha ha, gotya. I guess that's OK too.

Lol yeah I know, 222,222 would be pretty epic

i missed the pic of mine on tuesday, was kinda mad when i realized i went over by 2 miles lol

Back