• Register Today It's free!

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

Uafan

Reaction score
City, State
Whippany, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got on the link for K&N and filled out the form. I hope everyone else does the same
Thanks for the link

So I talked to K&N on the phone today for a little. They said if enough people seemed interested they would send it to their Research & Development team to start production. If you drive a 2004-2005 v6 you know there aren't many options as far as intakes go, so please go to http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2004&mk=FORD&md=Explorer&en=4.0L and fill out the form. It takes no more than 30 seconds. Thanks!

Filled mine out. Can we add a poll or something to this so we have a general count on how many submit the request off of here.

I'm in! Let's hope they do it! :cool:

filled it out..hope to make it..I recently made my own intake which looks pretty much as if i bought it for the truck but it would really boost moding of 3rd gens

Thanks for helping guys. Keep the forms comming in!

Count me in too.

Done

You guys will get a kick out of this. I filled out the form and I got this response.

We apologize for the confusion. We offer two intakes for your vehicle: 77-2529KP, http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=77-2529KP , which is an aluminum tube kit that is guaranteed for 5.3HP. We also offer 57-2529-1, http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-2529-1 , which is a black polyethylene (hardened plastic) tube guaranteed for 6.8HP. If you have any questions please contact our customer service department at 800-858-3333 and an agent will be happy to assist you.

Paul Powell

Customer Service

K&N Engineering Inc.

Both models he suggested are for a Sport Trac.

I informed him that they won't work and I got this response.

The engine bays of the Explorer and Explorer Sport Trac are identical. The only difference between them is the rear of the vehicle. The engine bay is exactly the same.

Paul Powell

Customer Service

K&N Engineering Inc.

paulp@knfilters.com

(951) 826-4000 ext. 4184

Who wants to call him and tell him he's an idiot????

I don't think he's right. If he was, I think that more people would have put SportTrac intakes on their V6's. If this is the case, why doesn't K&N include the 2004-2005 V6 on their website. According to K&N, it fits:

Fits the Following:

2004 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2003 MAZDA B4000 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2003 FORD RANGER 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2003 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2003 FORD EXPLORER SPORT 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2002 MAZDA B4000 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2002 FORD RANGER 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2002 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2002 FORD EXPLORER SPORT 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2001 MAZDA B4000 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2001 FORD RANGER 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2001 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4.0L V6 F/I - from 7/24/00
2001 FORD EXPLORER SPORT 4.0L V6 F/I - All
2001 FORD EXPLORER 4.0L V6 F/I - All

Just called Customer Service and spoke with Karri (karrib@knfilters.com - She said she didn't have an extension but if you called cust. service and asked to speak with her they would transfer you) she states that it won't fit and she doesn't recommend we try it because it would void the warranty. I left a message with Paul Powell, no return call back... Go figure.

Does anybody have pictures of the engine bay for a 2004 Sport Trac? I just snapped 4 pictures of the engine bay on my '04 X XLT that we can send to K&N for comparison purposes.

It seems strange that we are getting mixed messages from such a reputable company.

3127497_5_full.jpg

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Sport Trac intake come off the engine from front and center? At least that is what I gather based off of the pictures in the installation instructions for the 57-2529-1 (FIPK for the Sport Trac).

helmsa, that is the automated message after you complete the form. Ford Freak received an additional email from someone from Customer Service.

Appears that the Sport Trac intake does look almost identical, however K&N suggests that we don't try the fitment since it is not made for it:

4621_st0640_050.jpg

My wife already deleted the e-mail but Mr Powell e-mailed back and apoligized for the mistake. After I posted his e-mail here I called cust. service and spoke to a very nice lady...Can't remember her name. She said Powell was new and would make sure he doesn't give any more bad info. Im wonder how many people talked to him and went out and bought the wrong part????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kinda gets me thinking where he got that info from though. You probably could get one for the Sport Trac and make it work, you would most likely lose your performance though.

Back