KC Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC Lights

I am thinking of putting some KC lights on my brush bar on the front. I was looking at the black 6" round, I live in a northern climate with salt and wondering about the finish quality. Also what about disassembling them and painting them with some bedliner type spray. I am not sure of the construction so I am not sure if this is possible. I was looking at the stainless but am not wanting to spend so much I am looking at getting 2 6" round and possibly 4 rectangular 2 fog 2 driving. I have to make some extra mounts on my brush bar to attach these and will be sanding, welding and painting new mounts on. I have used this type of truck bedliner in a spray can before with great results

I'm in Central PA and I have the KC's. Don't worry about taking them apart and coating them. They come with a 23 year warranty on EVERYTHING!! I had a set on my '92, and when it was totalled in '01, I took the lights off to put them on my new X, and found there were a couple of pinholes in the cases from rust. Sent them back to KC and got new ones free, no questions asked!!! Even came with new covers!

I love my KC's!!

I have also had KC's for a while and love 'em!

I wash my X regularly and wipe the lights off manually rather than rely on the car wash blower to get them dry.

No rust so far! And they use a TON of salt here in MN!!!

Jim

I am looking for a diagram that shows the light and its pattern on the road. Like a discription of how the light looks before purchasing it. You know the one with the lil truck on the road with the light pattern shown on the road. I am not sure what lights I want. Well I mean the smaller 57series. I am not sure which ones I want. Is it good to mix and match like a pair of each. Does the warranty cover the 57 series too in addition to the Daylighters?

For patterns, try this:Dead Link Removed . For warranty, here's KC's Statement: KC HiLiTES proudly warranties all of our products against failure for a period of 23 years. If a housing or reflector begins to rust, if a switch fails, if a cover fades from the sun - we even warranty all of our bulbs against burnout. Exclusions are abuse and damage caused by accidents.

Defective products must be returned to KC HiLiTES Customer Service, freight prepaid. At our option, we will repair or replace items in question and return them at no charge.This warranty is limited to the original purchaser and a sales receipt may be required.

Please include your name, telephone number, and a street address where the product can be returned to you. When we receive your product, in most cases, it will be repaired or replaced within 2 business days and then returned to you via UPS ground service. UPS Next Day or Federal Express service is available at your expense.

KC Hilites.com has all the info you could want on KC lights.

Back