Kentucky Run

glfredrick

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
86-98 Ranger STX
Just want to let all my friends know that we are planning a Kentucky off-road run over the Memorial Day weekend at Livingston, KY (also called Comer's Ridge).

We will meet at 9:30 AM for vehicle inspection at the station below the hill leading to the trails, just off of I-75 and KY 909.

This is a UCORA sponsored run, loosely organized by a few friends. You do not have to be an official member of UCORA to participate, but you do have to know that we are gathering for UCORA purposes. Also, some basic vehicle guidelines will be posted on the UCORA site.

So, come with us to run the "Moab of the East" at Livingston KY.

Only street legal, licensed, registered, and insured vehicles. The area we wheel is a County Highway and it is patrolled. Note that it is definitely NOT your garden variety road! See a couple of pics below.

For more info or to sign up/camping info, etc. click on:

http://ucora.org/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=532

http://ucora.org/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=694

Mapquest

15014Down_Rock.jpg

15014Fun_Steps.jpg

15014Livingston_Rock-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to bump this back into everyone's new post search...

We are still on for the run, and have camping information available.

Some of us are staying at the Renfro Valley KOA (about 16 miles from the actual trail head) because they have a swimming pool and some amenities...

The group rate kicks in at 6 sites and 12 people. We currently have 2 sites booked, so if you are looking for a nice, low-key, no admission charge Eastern run, get on board!

Well, here are a few teaser shots from the UCORA 1st Annual Spring Jamboree at Livingston, KY.

We had a blast, and had around 20 total trucks in attendence. Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of all the trucks, because we arrived late to the run (my wife and I were in Newfoundland until late early Saturday morning and missed some of the action).

I will post a link to Ofoto, the Kodak site where all the pics I have will be posted, including some short video clips in a day or so.

2270100_0521.JPG

Tom's J20

2270100_0326.JPG

Greg's XJ (he later twisted the driveshaft into a pretzel)

2270100B0410.JPG

Doug's XJ

2270100_1638.JPG

Jeremy's XJ

2270100_0481.JPG

Laddell's Bronco

2270100B0351.JPG

Guy's X'ploder

As promised, here is a link to the photos that I took at Livingston.

Just click on the link to get to a slide show.

All the pics are high resolution so choose your poison as far as downloads go.

Also, anyone that is interested can order prints, etc., from any of the pics on that site. It is the "official" Kodak site that you gain access to when you purchase a Kodak camera.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=61042163507

Looks like a lot of fun. Some of those obsticles look way too much for the rigs on them. :thumbsup:

Back