• Register Today It's free!

Kenwood Amps

Moese

Reaction score
City, State
Woodbury, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
There is a Kenwood KAC-849 4 Channel amp listed on ebay for $184 that is new in box.

Any opinions on Kenwood amps in general or this model specifically?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moese,

I "ve been using kenwood amps for awhile now....
no complaints....
Most recently (3) ps 200t's(2 channel) and a kac 400m(mono)....nice clean power to the seperates for the 200t's...and a great deal of clean power to the subs (1200 watt capable) for the ps 400.......never hot,never blown,never distorted....

D

it'll be a good 4 channel amp to run some full range or component sets.

Thanks

Thanks for your help guys. I just bought it. Now I have to figure out where to mount it.

After searching the threads, it looks like under backseat is a popular location.

I have that same amp running my door speakers and components for nearly a year. No problems whatsoever.

I mounted mine to the back of my back seat. It is good to keep the amp cool. I've seen some guys mount them upside down underneat the back seat but from what I've read that is one of the worst things you can do for cooling purposes. If you don't mind taking up the cargo space in the back, I say put it on the back of your back seat. If it is a small sized amp, right side up under the back seat isn't too bad.

Back