Kickdown Cable,Shift,Bracket,A4LD? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kickdown Cable,Shift,Bracket,A4LD?

TeckNine4

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers,F.L./Fairfax,V.A
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT 4x4
Well just got done putting in a 92' A4LD with 191,000 on it or maybe just 91,000 on it,

But the truck seemed as if it was more towards 191k instead....:(:)
(pix of swap soon) <Im sure no one cares though

It had painting on it from a Date last year 4-29-07, I noticed the Expo I pulled it from the trans was removed.

It has new seals in front and rear (it looked like by seeing it with the converter off)

I not sure if they did any new servos, band adjustments, trans-go kits, ECT,
I hope they did.:exp:

I paid 200 bones for it, Also i installed a much larger Trans Cooler then the factory aux cooler, (it seems to be shifting very smoothly and no leaks)

Iam wondering if I caught a good buy??

It has that common problem of not shifting into 2nd until its warm (who cares) I think its because of the new fluid and filter with o-rings...

It had the Traction-Loc (D4 code) axle in the doner truck and it seems overdrive has much lower rpm at 65mph than my previous blown trans. My gears are the 3.08s, (So I was thinking of swapping axles 2)

:(But the main reason and only problem I have is the Cable bracket for the kickdown cable I never hooked it up!!:mad: Does anyone have a picture of one hooked up so that I dont have to get wet and crawl underneath to switch gears?? It would be greatly apprieciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It connects onto the side where the shift linkage goes. The governor might be causing the delay when it's cold. Did you check the modulator to see if it's leaking? Check # 19, and # 45 in my list of useful threads for more information.

Thankyou Brooklyn, but, useful thread 19, they're just mostly showing pictures for the throttle. It seems simple, now that its not raining or ice:cool: I'm gonna crawl under there today and "try" to bolt it in.

The spring on the cable is loose also, Is that broken or no?

Theres a "Cottman" Trans. shop right down the road, I'm going 2 see if they can just do it real quick for me for free,, I doubt they will tho....

Ok ok, just shows how much I know, Thankyou. I'm heading down 2 Cottman Transmissions right now 2 see if they'll do it for free... I doubt that they'll do it tho...

Try this first before you go there. The adjustment is simple. Squeeze the piece which is under the hood near the master cylinder, and pull on it until you feel the cable is tight. Go into the vehicle, and step all of the way down on the accelerator pedal. It is now adjusted.

:exp:Yea I have it working and its tight now...
I just pulled it from the firewall and connected it on that ball bolt.
The linkage is tight, the dude at the shop helped and said where to bolt the bracket onto.

Back