Kodiak Brown Photo | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kodiak Brown Photo

Holy Crap! I love that color. Does anyone know if you change your order if you haven't been assigned a VIN#?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holy Crap! I love that color. Does anyone know if you change your order if you haven't been assigned a VIN#?
It depends how far the order is along in the system. You may luck out. If I were you I'd check with your dealer and/or Cory ASAP.

Peter

Well I have a Ruby Red XLT on ordered and would love to switch to a Kodiak Brown LTD.

jw2013explorer,

I sent you a quick update, so check your inbox for the details. :)

It depends how far the order is along in the system. You may luck out. If I were you I'd check with your dealer and/or Cory ASAP.

Peter
Thanks for the shout-out, Peter. :D

Cory

Thanks Cory for the update. Contacted my dealer. Fingers crossed. ;)
Here's a picture from the same dealer with the video link above. I told Cory and I'll say it again, the Ford website does not do this color justice.
3008_27.jpg

Here's a picture from the same dealer with the video link above. I told Cory and I'll say it again, the Ford website does not do this color justice.
3008_27.jpg

I agree!! hey corey, do you know anything about putting the 3m protective film on the a pillars since they already have the black coating on them.. which correct me if i am wrong guys, but i believe that is a plastic-y coating and not paint....

Here's a picture from the same dealer with the video link above. I told Cory and I'll say it again, the Ford website does not do this color justice...
You’re welcome, jw2013explorer. :) Sometimes you just need to see a color in person!

I agree!! hey corey, do you know anything about putting the 3m protective film on the a pillars since they already have the black coating on them.. which correct me if i am wrong guys, but i believe that is a plastic-y coating and not paint....
nitzer51,

No, I’m not a technician and I don’t have any experience with modifications like that.

Cory

Hey Cory,

If I'm switching from a XLT to LTD will the original order have to be cancelled and a new order placed?

Hey Cory,

If I'm switching from a XLT to LTD will the original order have to be cancelled and a new order placed?
It depends on how far along it is; your sales representative can look to see if it’s possible to change the existing order or if a new order is needed.

Cory

Dealer said they have to start a new order, but that the good thing is that Ford is doing a retail sweep this week and is picking up a lot of retail orders for fulfillment.

Has anyone else heard this? Cory?

Dealer said they have to start a new order, but that the good thing is that Ford is doing a retail sweep this week and is picking up a lot of retail orders for fulfillment.

Has anyone else heard this? Cory?
We do work with our dealers to prioritize retail vehicles within a dealer’s orders; so that sounds reasonable. :)

Cory

Oooh, 'Retail Sweep', that sounds cool.

sooo this "retail sweep" would an order placed on Thursday the 30th be included in this rumored sweep? Just wondering if I should place my order sooner rather than waiting to see the kodiak brown in person

sooo this "retail sweep" would an order placed on Thursday the 30th be included in this rumored sweep? Just wondering if I should place my order sooner rather than waiting to see the kodiak brown in person

Since you are still waiting for a reply I guess you have to ask yourself if you are prepared to live with a colour you may not be overly fond of?
That as I see it, is the only risk you assume by ordering it sight unseen.

BTW, I ordered my 2011 Explorer in Dec. 2010 before I had even seen or touched one. I had only seen pictures of it and I'm not regretting the decision.

Peter

i pulled the trigger and ordered a kodiak brown ltd today... partly because of the video you guys found... THANKS GUYS! :D

Love the color!

i pulled the trigger and ordered a kodiak brown ltd today... partly because of the video you guys found... THANKS GUYS! :D
Congratulations nitzer. I'm sure the members here were happy to help you spend your money.;) Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

Peter

Nitzer - I ordered mine only after seeing the same video. I have also yet to see Kodiak Brown in person, but the video seems better looking than the Explorer digital renderings they currently have on the Ford site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nitzer - I ordered mine only after seeing the same video. I have also yet to see Kodiak Brown in person, but the video seems better looking than the Explorer digital renderings they currently have on the Ford site.

Nice!! Let's see who gets it first... we'll have to snap pics!

Back