Kodiak Brown Photo | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kodiak Brown Photo

We purchased our Limited in Kodiak Brown on 3/31. It is a really dark brown and does look black in the shade. Difficult to tell black from kodiak. But when the sun hits the paint, it sparkles the brown. Very neat color. We were going to buy a black explorer until we saw the kodiak. Pair the pecan seats with the kodiak, awsome.

Philster - Pictures of your new ride would be lovely! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ARGH!!! LUCKY!!!!!:scratch::scratch:

Well I did order mine 6 days before you. I think it only fair if we see who gets their vehicle quicker by days rather than the actual date. :D

so has anyone noticed that the window sticker site is down...? when i plug in my VIN i get a 404 http error....

not that I'm checking every day to see if my window sticker has populated yet.... i swear I'm not... :p

so has anyone noticed that the window sticker site is down...? when i plug in my VIN i get a 404 http error....

not that I'm checking every day to see if my window sticker has populated yet.... i swear I'm not... :p
I believe you. It's probably more like once an hour.:D

Peter

Ditto... :shifty_ey

rules rules... grumble if my explorer loses she wont get a garage space... i hope she knows that...

maybe she'll try a little harder to get here! haha:thumbsup: :salute:
Well I did order mine 6 days before you. I think it only fair if we see who gets their vehicle quicker by days rather than the actual date. :D
nitzer51 & jw2013explorer,

I sent you both a Kodiak Grand Prix update! It’s a “thanks” for not going crazy while I was out with the mini-plague. :D

We purchased our Limited in Kodiak Brown on 3/31. It is a really dark brown and does look black in the shade. Difficult to tell black from kodiak. But when the sun hits the paint, it sparkles the brown. Very neat color. We were going to buy a black explorer until we saw the kodiak. Pair the pecan seats with the kodiak, awsome.
That sounds too good to pass up posting pics, philster01! :)

Cory

nitzer51 & jw2013explorer,

I sent you both a Kodiak Grand Prix update! It’s a “thanks” for not going crazy while I was out with the mini-plague. :D

That sounds too good to pass up posting pics, philster01! :)

Cory

Got the Mini update! Thanks Cory I appreciate it... a lot!

JW2013explorer... Cory says we are neck & neck! but I have a *which could set me back 7-10 days... or ahead, right cory ;):D;) hahaha jk jk

Hey Nitzer, I posted this on the other thread too but my window sticker popped up this morning! Maybe yours has done the same!!

Finally had a chance to take a few photos (from the phone, sorry about the quality). Plus I had the windows tinted.

I am really loving the color!

Ex2.jpg

Ex1.jpg

:thumbsup:

Love it! Can't wait to get mine!!! Your phone pics are better than some of these dealerships. They must be using crappy equipment.

What % of tint did you install on the windows? Will definitely have to do that to mine!

What % of tint did you install on the windows? Will definitely have to do that to mine!

I did 18% in the front and 35% over the rest of the vehicle. The installer used a brand called Sun Tec. Normally it's pretty diffcult to see into the rear doors or the rest of the vehicle, compared to the front (just depends on how the sun is shining). No visibility issues at night and the tint should definitely help keep the black leather cooler during the summer!

yea your pics are waaay better than some dealers! and this is just getting me more excited to get mine!

Soooo purty!!! The birds add a certain woodsy feel

Ok, saw one of these today and had high hopes for this color based on the threads about it. Not meant to offend anyone, but Kodiak Brown is NOT for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, saw one of these today and had high hopes for this color based on the threads about it. Not meant to offend anyone, but Kodiak Brown is NOT for me.

To each his own.

Back