• Register Today It's free!

Kodiak Brown Photo

nitzer51

Reaction score
City, State
seattle
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
does anyone have a photo of the new kodiak brown? I have scoured the internet can cannot seem to find one (yes i know it is a new 2013 color) but i thought maybe at an auto show someone would have snapped a pic..

anyhow, going to be ordering my new EX on the 25th and really wanted to see the kodiak before i ordered it...

thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only thing I've found so far is a description of the color:

Kodiak Brown, named after Alaska’s Kodiak bear for its richness and strong presence, is a deep brown with slight warm highlights. The fashion industry pairs it as a neutral with black, caramels, blues and greens

chimoman... I've come to find that as awesome as fords website is... the colors are not really accurate :( that's why i was hoping someone had a real life picture from an auto show or something

If you google "kodiak brown, ford" there are some pics of it on a Flex.

Kodiack brown is mostly the same has the golden bronze !

...but that would not be Kodiak Brown, it would be Golden Bronze Metallic, from 2012. :)

...but that would not be Kodiak Brown, it would be Golden Bronze Metallic, from 2012. :)

haha thats what i thought.... going off the description I'm picturing kodiak to be more chocolately...

2013-Ford-Flex-Front-Angle-Picture-588x333.jpg

2013-Ford-Flex-front-623x389.jpg

kodiak-bear_775_600x450.jpg

Looks about right to me. :D

Brown is brown, kind of retro.

One of the first explorer's coming in to my dealership is kodiak brown. If it gets here before the 25th Ill snap a pic for you.

Not a great video but this one says its the Kodiak brown.

Just had a chance to log on... thanks alex! and thanks spencer for finding that video... that solves my problem!! ill be getting kodiak... only thing now would be when waxing it with a clear bra on... do we think it will be noticeable on that dark color?

Kodiak is a nice color

Ooh that brown is really dark. Almost chocolate brown.

quick opinion guys/gals... clear bra on this dark color... do you think it will be noticeable? they say that on dark colors you can see the line...

and has anyone put clear bra on their A pillars... i'm wondering if that will ruin the black coating when you try to remove the protectant

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quick opinion guys/gals... clear bra on this dark color... do you think it will be noticeable? they say that on dark colors you can see the line...

and has anyone put clear bra on their A pillars... i'm wondering if that will ruin the black coating when you try to remove the protectant

My friend has one on his black Edge Sport and while you can see it, it isn't terribly noticeable. I would rather see that little line than the alternative, a bunch of little nicks and chips in the paint.

I too have wondered about putting the film on the A-pillars.

Back