Kodiak Brown Photo | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kodiak Brown Photo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i pulled the trigger and ordered a kodiak brown ltd today... partly because of the video you guys found... THANKS GUYS! :D

It's funny all the talk about Kodiak Brown...

Back in November, we ordered a 2012 Cinnamon Explorer only to find out that our order was canceled in January (not sure if it was a dealer allocation issue or build restrictions, ...). Even worse, for 2013 we found out Cinnamon was canceled as a color option and replaced by Kodiak Brown. Unfortunately, our dealer could not provide any information about the color. All that I know is it sounded scary. Internet renderings do not do it justice!

Long story short, in early February I was able to stop by the shipping yard once the 2013's started being produced and see Kodiak Brown in person. At first, I thought it was black when the vehicle was in the shade. However, when the sun hit it, the color really popped. The color looked great in person.

We placed our new order that night. We're scheduled to pick it up tomorrow!

Order to delivery will be approximately 7 weeks.

Congratulations and welcome to the forum MWazu39! Don't forget to post some pics of your new ride :)

Back in November, we ordered a 2012 Cinnamon Explorer only to find out that our order was canceled in January (not sure if it was a dealer allocation issue or build restrictions, ...). Even worse, for 2013 we found out Cinnamon was canceled as a color option and replaced by Kodiak Brown. Unfortunately, our dealer could not provide any information about the color. All that I know is it sounded scary. Internet renderings do not do it justice!

Long story short, in early February I was able to stop by the shipping yard once the 2013's started being produced and see Kodiak Brown in person. At first, I thought it was black when the vehicle was in the shade. However, when the sun hit it, the color really popped. The color looked great in person.

MWazu - Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new ride!

Nitzer - The race is still on!

Congratulations and welcome to the forum MWazu39! Don't forget to post some pics of your new ride :)

Thanks, unfortunately no pics today. It was just too cloudy to show the true color. When we pulled up to the dealer, I wasn't sure if the Explorer I saw was ours or not since it looked so dark. Without the sun, it looks black.

So far so good!

Hopefully you guys will get yours soon too!

Yea that's kinda what I'm going for. Seems like Kodiak Brown is currently an uncommon color in my area. So far, I haven't seen too many orders for Brown show up on dealers websites. It seems like White, Red, Black and Grey seem to be the most popular.

Thanks, unfortunately no pics today. It was just too cloudy to show the true color. When we pulled up to the dealer, I wasn't sure if the Explorer I saw was ours or not since it looked so dark. Without the sun, it looks black.

So far so good!

Hopefully you guys will get yours soon too!

Thanks. I kinda like the idea that it looks black in certain light and killer brown in the sun! Can't wait to see it in person!

After scouring the internet for any dealers who can have taken decent shots of Kodiak Brown, I came up with these. Not the best, but at least a different perspective.

MWazu39 - I think the first photo reiterates what you said about it looking black in the shade and really popping in the sun. It does almost look black there. Can't wait to see it on mine in person!

fecf50c4849740b4ae379754977802c9!20120326101738000.jpg

c949944f8094411a98856fe6d789d9fe!20120326101738000.jpg

7f00401ad9a441e6aff8f4e8c9760de1!20120326101738000.jpg

After scouring the internet for any dealers who can have taken decent shots of Kodiak Brown, I came up with these. Not the best, but at least a different perspective.

MWazu39 - I think the first photo reiterates what you said about it looking black in the shade and really popping in the sun. It does almost look black there. Can't wait to see it on mine in person!

fecf50c4849740b4ae379754977802c9!20120326101738000.jpg

c949944f8094411a98856fe6d789d9fe!20120326101738000.jpg

7f00401ad9a441e6aff8f4e8c9760de1!20120326101738000.jpg

Yup... I love it! Haha... Ok Cory how can I get the plant in Chi to expedite mine?! Lol

Hey play fair, everyone! The Kodiak Grand Prix is a “gentleman’s sport”. ;)

Yup... I love it! Haha... Ok Cory how can I get the plant in Chi to expedite mine?! Lol
No-can-do’s-ville, nitzer51; you know the rules. :thumbsup:

:nono: No cheating.
jw2013explorer,

Yeah; all fair play here. :)

Thanks, unfortunately no pics today. It was just too cloudy to show the true color...
Here’s to a sunny day today, MWazu39. :dpchug:

Cory

I thought the Ex was AWD not 4WD. Why does tag on back say 4wd? Okay, I see Ford website says intelligent 4wd. Guess I learned something new today.

Interesting color. :thumbsup:

That's a rich root-beer color, wow.

I thought the Ex was AWD not 4WD. Why does tag on back say 4wd? Okay, I see Ford website says intelligent 4wd. Guess I learned something new today.

Unfortunately, it seems to be nothing more than marketing speak! lol

I think it is their intention to conjure up images of a real 4x4 drivetrain and the ruggedness that might imply in some people's minds.

Hey play fair, everyone! The Kodiak Grand Prix is a “gentleman’s sport”. ;)

No-can-do’s-ville, nitzer51; you know the rules. :thumbsup:

Cory

rules rules... grumble if my explorer loses she wont get a garage space... i hope she knows that...

maybe she'll try a little harder to get here! haha:thumbsup: :salute:

Vince is correct in that it is likely a marketing thing. Technically it is AWD and it is even referred to as such in some places in the Owner's Guide. Ford's cars, which have basically the same system, are referred to as AWD as are most of the competitor's models. Even the Lincoln's are referred to as AWD.

Peter

jw2013explorer.... customer service just told me mine has an eta of May 7th!!! what you got?

kodiak brown and pecan seats

We purchased our Limited in Kodiak Brown on 3/31. It is a really dark brown and does look black in the shade. Difficult to tell black from kodiak. But when the sun hits the paint, it sparkles the brown. Very neat color. We were going to buy a black explorer until we saw the kodiak. Pair the pecan seats with the kodiak, awsome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back