Largest conceivable tire size... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Largest conceivable tire size...

I just bought a '00 4x4 Explorer XLT and was curious what the largest conceivable tire size I could fit on it would be. When I say conceivable, I don't mean just on the stock body, but with any body or suspension lift combinations, what would be the largest size that could be fit on it?

------------------
Sean-Paul
'00 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

You have to be more specific than that. Dead Link Removed The first answer that comes to mind is DOT approved tires : 44", Dead Link Removed non DOT approved: how tall are you? Dead Link Removed

List the size of the lift that you are thinking of and maybe we can give you a better answer.

[This message has been edited by Paul Gagnon (edited 01-08-2000).]

Ok, I was looking at the Trailmaster 4" lift for it, but the reason I was curious was because I'm pretty new to the whole modifying trucks for off-roading deal, I'm used to street performance where tire size can't be wider than the wheel-well, and in this case my Explorer's is roughly 33" wide, so if 44" tires are possible, what kind of body/suspsension lift would be needed to achieve that? I'm 6'2", so bigger tires won't keep me out of the driver's seat Dead Link Removed

There is a Bronco around where I live. IT has a 12 inch suspension lift and 48 inch tires. So, you will need probably a 12 inch lift. He said that his engine is pushing 500hp to pull the tires. The tires cost him $400 a tire. Form the bottom of the door to the ground is about 3 feet. He could run over small cars easily.

There's a even bigger jeep around here. The driver has to climb onto the tire to get into it. He drove up a hill and jumped a curb. Landed on the rear wheels and rode a wheelie down the parking lot. Looked Cool! I don't know how big his tires are. It's an old jeep with the V8 I'm assuming a 304.

I wish I had a truck that came up to atleast my eye level! I'm 6'8" and would love to have to jump into my truck!!!!! Besides for my moms old Caddy I dont fit to well in many vehicles besides my Explorer

------------------
Nick
'93 XLT 4 Door 4x4

Back