Last month of production for the ol' ranger.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Last month of production for the ol' ranger....

Wills05xlt4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ashland Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Xlt 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very sad indeed:(

The F150 isn't what someone looking for a small P/U wants.

...I don't even want to talk about it..:mad:

so no real explorer.....no real ranger

life goes on.

sooner or later there will be some cool stuff...

I wonder if there still being manufactured overseas. I know they are pretty popular in Europe. Ive seen them in full quad cab(4door) and also diesel powered. Maybe if we had some of those options she will still be around.

RIP :roll: ranger, crown vic, taures wagon, and many other great american vehicles I grew up with. Including the Deville.

RIP :roll: ranger, crown vic, taures wagon, and many other great american vehicles I grew up with. Including the Deville.

Add the Econoline or E-series vans to that list:(

this news made my heart drop too. Screw the term "out with the old, in with the new". For me it just gives more meaning to the phrase "old school". I'll always have vehicles around that I don't need a computer to work on it. RIP Ranger, hopefully you'll return like the 5.0

IMO, the term "Ranger" doesn't make sense when all of the other pickup trucks Ford buids belongs in the "F" series. So it might as well get an "F" number too to normalize the "herd".

The Ranger in Europe, Asia, South America and Australasia is nothing like the North American Ranger.

It's sad that Ford think an Eco-Boost F150 is a replacement... it's also sad that Ford think the new Taurus Interceptor is a replacement for the Crown Vic... Ford needs to get rid of their executive retards that make the decisions and bring in someone with a bit more common sense.

You don't see GM getting rid of their big SUVs, or their other older styles....

C'mon Ford, sort it out.

Si

You don't see GM getting rid of their big SUVs, or their other older styles....

C'mon Ford, sort it out.

Si
Au contraire - I think the reason why Ford is leading the pack is because of this current leadership. Of course leadership doesn't always make the correct decision but so far, most of strategic, long term, and "big picture" decisions that have been made have turned out to be correct.

IMO, the term "Ranger" doesn't make sense when all of the other pickup trucks Ford buids belongs in the "F" series. So it might as well get an "F" number too to normalize the "herd".

That F'n post made the most F'n sense as anything I've F'n read on here in a long F'n time.

:D

And I agree with your other comment too, IZ- If Ford had been listening to who the "used to be masses" vs. the honest needs and desires of the majority now, there is no way Ford would have a strong (if any) existence, let alone sustainability.

..There was a model "A" and model "T" version previously...:p:

..The Ranger fell into the "Compact" class while I forget what the designation of the "Ranchero" was since it was on a wagon platform..

..I do believe that Ford did use the "M" and the "S" (or was it the "C") designations but those were for chassis designations on automobiles..:scratch:

2006-ford-ranger-sorv_460x0w.png

North American Ranger

2012-Ford-Ranger-Wildtrak-1024x680.png

Rest of the world.

There are differences, I've driven both, they're nothing alike.

I won't turn this into an arguement but your posting the redesign which we North America did not get. But previous models were basically the same vehicle. With different engine and cab configurations.

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying, they're different. Different suspension, frame width, cab design, engines, diffs, hubs, etc.

The only similarity is the name.

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...the last day...

animated-clock.gif

Nice article:

CLICK

Back