Lcd and other required electronics... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lcd and other required electronics...

debutis

Reaction score
City, State
austin, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 eddie bauer
Ok, here's the plan, remember it's just in the beginning stages of even being thought out. I would like to put 4 LCD monitors in my car, 1 in each sun visor and 1 in the back of each front seat headrest. What other gadgets or electronics will I have to purchase to run these? FM modulator, power inverters etc... Do I have to get a power inverter or modulator for each screen? I was looking at this screen in particular Dead Link Removed
Would this be a good device for my application? Also, can I run these screens through my factory HU? It's the MACH sound system.. Also, after all this i'd like to add in a ps2. What else would I need for this? Thanks for any and all help!

All right man, first off that screen is a rip off. You can grab a better one with a headrest shroud and video out for cheaper. So what you need is the 2 sunvisor screens and 2 headrest screens, a Video Spliter/amp, and a FM Modulator. If you want to have the best sound you can buy a aftermarket Headunit and run the DVD or PS2 through the deck with a link cable. The screens will run off the battery so you dont need a power inverter for those. It all depends on what you want to do. I have one screen for the front and a 7"widescreen on the ceiling for the rear passangers. My audio is going from my DVD to my aftermarket deck. First decide if you want widescreens or regular screens and then go from there.

Back