LED gauges 1st gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED gauges 1st gen

I was hoping to switch the lights in my gauge cluster to LED's in my 94 x does anyone know how many lights there is behind there. i just want to change the lights for the gauges. if anyone knows how many lights are in there it would be appreciated.:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i can check tomorrow as i just today pulled one out of the '93 im parting out ill try to remember to get u a pic....

thanks that would be very helpful

i think that there are five, but im not positive on that

not gonna be able to make it over to the shop today, so ill try to get those picks tommrow if u havent found em by then

alright when ever you get to it i'm not in hurry, i just got a new lawnmower so i have a new toy to play with for a few days

another day im not going to be able to make it to the shop (damm life keeps getting in the way of my tinkering) ill get over there a.s.a.p. sorry

saw some LEDs for sale at autozone kinda interested in doing this. i know Deal Extreme has some good deals but im not sure about wiring it in though

Just did mine yesterday. For just the illumination part its 5 or 6. If you include all the warning lights and turn signals its close to 20. I bought the 5 SMD style wedge and put them in all but the ABS light and the HVAC controls. The ABS didn't want to go out completely and they were too long to fit in the HVAC.

got the pics finally, sorry it took so long :( but here they are

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hope that helps

alright thank you guts very much, i just got a new job and in a few weeks ill get my first paycheck and that means money for the x, led dash soon!

Just did mine yesterday. For just the illumination part its 5 or 6. If you include all the warning lights and turn signals its close to 20. I bought the 5 SMD style wedge and put them in all but the ABS light and the HVAC controls. The ABS didn't want to go out completely and they were too long to fit in the HVAC.

i would love to see it if you have picture

dash.jpg

jason that looks really good, i can't wait to get mine done

What type of LED did you use and where did you get them?

i got my led bulbs the other day, took off one of my autometers to test them all out to make sure they all work, they did. soon i'm going to tear my dash apart and put these in, but i have to wait till my multimeter gets back. should be any daynow

Back