Let's see all the swing out tire carrier bumpers need ideas for my '03 Sport Trac.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see all the swing out tire carrier bumpers need ideas for my '03 Sport Trac..

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
I'm planning on building a swing out tire carrier for my lifted Sport Trac, I've looked at a couple on here and like jefe's but I have a plastic bumper cover and reinforcement, not steel.

I'd like to either keep the factory bumper on and fabricate something inside it like jefe's but again, plastic. Or totally fabricate a whole new bumper with swing out tire carrier like pictured below on these Yota's.

I like how the bumpers have the sides on them for added protection, just looks cleaner this way too. My bed is composite so I need the protection while trailin'.

Please post pictures and or links of your's or others, Thanks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you could try to fit one from another truck like a s10 or pathfinder or bronco 2 ive seen some retrofitted but you could also start from scratch with 2x2 or 2x4tubing really whatever you want

I have a Sport Trac with a composite fiberglass bed so I can't do that.

Thanks man, I new I'd seen a thread here before about this.

Nice, thanks.

Ya, I've looked at those but they hang down too low for offroad use jmo. I already have the design in mind, I just need to get the parts, steel and a spot in my truck clubs garage for a day or two to weld everything up. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back