Lets see your 2nd gen aftermarket tails | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets see your 2nd gen aftermarket tails

Im in the market to buy an aftermarket set finally. (Converting everything to LED, and the LEDs just dont cut it in the stock housing)

I havent seen many pics of 2nd gens with aftermarket tails (And I dont mean stock tinted ones, or the candy apple red blinker/reverse color mod).

Post up!

So far, im looking at either these:
B9cF1-wBmkKGrHqUOKm4Ey2UtWhbuBM5lF1QO0_1.jpg

(57$ shipped)

or these:
KGrHqZmE3KjE6gryBN0t7POBkQ0_12.jpg

(50$ shipped)

My X is pearl white, but sometime this summer she'll be getting painted black; so im keeping that in mind too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just found these, and im really liking them. I was really wanting the blacked out look, but with clear (or no) lenses for the bulbs.

KGrHqJiIE3QvDzOBN1dRZOj90_1.jpg

Theyre 65$ shipped though.

can't wait to see them installed on ur x i wanna see how it looks

I have the second ones you posted.
Photo-0085.jpg

I also have the LED tower type bulbs in them and love them. I did have one fog up, and had to dry it out and silicone the seams on them. Other wise happy with them.

Cool man, those look great! Way better than I expected.

looks good jason

Here's mine... well the one on the right, I changed to tinted stocks, they faded a little so I currently have the clear ones back on but going back to tinted soon. Deciding if I should clear coat the tinted ones again before I put them back on or not...

photo5.jpg

This is the only pic I have of the back.

Attachments

• 01 taillights.jpg
    01 taillights.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 484

I didnt clearcoat mine, but I wetsanded them after each coat, so they look nice and glossy.

Sean, those are badass!

You and your damn fancy bumper with backup sensors:mattmoon:

Mine!:D

Side View
2011-04-09122353.jpg

Rear View
2011-04-09122337.jpg

and what the Hell here are the ones i had on my Dearly Departed '99

Apr09_0002.jpg

even tho they are similar to the ones in Post #4

:thumbsup:

did u order urs yet brian

Not trying to thread jack here, but Cybergasm how much lift did you have on that Ex? Looks to be just TT/Shackles.

Not trying to thread jack here, but Cybergasm how much lift did you have on that Ex? Looks to be just TT/Shackles.

As it appears in the Photo Above

3 Inch Body Lift
Warrior Shackles
and No TT
33X12.50's on 15X8 rims

too bad theres nothing for the 2nd gen tracs yet :(

did u order urs yet brian

Yep, I ordered them last Wednesday I think it was? Theyre coming from Cali, so I was hoping they'd be here by now, but of course not since its a holiday :(

where bouts in cali

i have an 08 have not seen anything for those yet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back