• Register Today It's free!

lift using f150 parts

shawn294

Reaction score
City, State
westbank bc canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xl
i was wondering if anyone knows if i can use the front suspension parts off a f150 with TTB to lift a 1st gen explorer. do all the brackets for the ttb and arms fit on an explorer and if they do would they help on lifting the explorer. i have a scrap yard down the street from me and they have TONS of f150 there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know f150 torsion bars fit on the 2nd gen but im not sure about the 1st gen

cool thanks that helps

no one knows???

first gen id radius arms not torsion bar

as far as i now besides coils and leafs thats about it

i could be wrong thou

I don't think I've heard of anyone taking a lift from a dana 44 (which is on the f-150) and using it on an explorer with a dana 35. I know the frames are narrower etc, but I don't know if the brackets would even line up.

As for using the springs, the coil springs would be heavy for an explorer so the ride in theory would be stiff The rear springs would be too long so that wouldn't work either.

~Mark

The drop down brackets are not the same if I remember correctly, and the coils and upper coil buckets you should be able to use. But the spring rate on the coils would cause for a rough ride.

It's actually not that bad. I don't think the spring rate is that much higher than the stock 1st gen. I got 2.75" lift from the coils. I like the ride. It still rides like a truck, but I didn't buy a Lincoln.

Back