Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 111 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will play along. It is SVT's old ST.

02 4wd 302 based beast

29c7cfa3872aeb420da22b6b70bc3d83.jpg

I wondered where it ended up. SVT told me he was going to sell it. Looks good, better than last time I saw it. He was trying to do some Ranger/Sport Trac merger on the front end. I have the red ST he did a V8 conversion on. Welcome to the forum, lots of good members and help on here.

Beyond stoked that i can finally post my trac on here. Its been a long time coming but here she is...another trac on 35s:

Lets see if i can get some of the mods together:
It has a 3"BL+Prothane Body Bushings, 2"TT with AAL in rear pushing 315/75R16 BFG KO2s (very minimal trimming to fit which positively surprised me)
I upgraded the front suspension with new lower moog ball joints, upper control arms + Balljoints from moog and new tie rod ends and sway bar links but i tossed the bushings of the moog links and replaced with prothane ones. To top of the suspension i got custom shocks made for the trac by ICON vehicle dynamics.
To squeeze some extra performance out of the 4L i installed JBA shorty headers and a Magnaflow Catback along with a X4 Tuner with three custom performance tunes. The tuner also aloud me to adjust the tire revs to get the tranny and speedo back in line after the 35s went on. Tires are hauled to a stop by EBC drilled and slotted rotors with high performance brake pads. I also threw on Anzos Black hawk head lamps along with a 55w HID conversion, a 20" 200W Light bar behind the grill and 2x 40W Flood Pods instead of the fog lights.

Im sure i missed something but thats definitely the majority of mods right there! A couple cosmetic things i am not entirely happy with atm such as the grey trim (will get painted asap) and the front bumper. Im going to get a custom one made but that will be a little further down the road.

Nice man! Welcome to the 35" life haha.

Sorry Luke, no "real" action shots of the first trail run with lift and 35s but i promise I'll follow up with some soon! Not easy to get good shots when things get heaty on the trails, i rather just hit record on the GoPro!

We definitely put the new BFG KO2s to the test tho and i have to say i was more then impressed with the tracs performance on those new meats.
Towards the end of the day we even got hit with the first snowfall to top off a good day of trail runs in the BC backcountry.

The second Pic i snapped of my dad's FJ going through a completely flooded trail. Hope you guys don't mind the Yota along with all the tracs :D

Something about a Trac on 35s... Awesome shots man!

And now that we have action shots, back to the poser pics lol

Since it was pitch black out for most of our trip, there aren't too many action shots. Also a downside of having such a large group (17 rigs). I love baffling people's minds that think Jeeps are the only thing that can go offroad.

Finally got around and painted the side trim last week then took the trac out for a wheel yesterday and took some photos.
I love how the truck handles on the 35s, with the new suspension and extra power its a real beast off road.
Next will be a locker and bigger gears, some rock sliders and a snorkle to optimize the air flow.

Haven't been on here in awhile but there's a lot of great updates and new trucks on here! Recent pic of my truck

BeastTrac47 - Love the pics! I just started thinking about getting a decent camera and software instead of using my iPhone. If you don't mind telling me, what camera do you have and what software do you use? Thanks!

Thanks! I use a Nikon D810 and Canon 5Dmk3 for my photos and photoshop for editing software. Any entry level DSLR will get you pretty good results tho, I can recommend the canon 70D as a fairly cheap and very capable entry level camera.

Really like your winch bumper btw NewTrac!

$2500 for a camera daaaanngg lol. You sure can get some amazing pics though! Thanks for the compliment! I'll see if I can't find a deal on a canon 70D or something similar

NewTrac17- where did you get your bumper?

The bumper was custom built by a guy for his 03 Tacoma. I bought it from him since it was cheap. All I had to do was make brackets and drill/cut holes for the winch and antennas. It's still not 100% done, but I'll finish it some day.

Hey guys, finally getting around to posting here (now that you spotted my rig Offtrac!!). That's me in Atlanta, representing my hometown of Carrollton; I was most likely on my way to/from school at Southern Poly in August... I've got some really interesting stuff coming up - mainly a v8 swap that me and a few mechanically inclined friends are going to be undertaking. Stay tuned for that here and on the other website. For now I'm 2WD; I've got the 3" BL, a slight TT up front with Rancho RS5000s and longer sway bar links (custom built by me inspired by a guy on MyST), Warriors in the rear, Gibson exhaust which may or may not stay with the v8, and 33x12.5x15 BFG KO's on Cragar Soft 8s. There's a whole lot more little details and such like LED lighting throughout, black AC control swap, audio system etc but I'll really get good pics and action shots after I consider it "done" with the 302 in it, which is coming from a 99 explorer. I'm excited and I love my truck. Here's a relatively recent poser pic...

fkRaH0p.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good!

Back