• Register Today It's free!

lifting

Pheonixx77

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport trac
ok i know what you are gonna thnk but i am curious...is there anything i can do (inexpensive and easy to do) for some lift...ie add a leaf/ spring helpers etc... dont want to do a Body lift yet but another inch or inch and a half would be cool for now...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shackle and spacer lift. Part Number : WAR153 from warrior products and Ford sapcers off of a 96 F-150 2wd. Hopefully somwone will chime in with the spacer prt numbers. can't remember them right now.

#F2TZ-5A307-A
#3F2TZ-5A307-B

-spacer part #`s for right and left side, don`t forget the cost of an alignment afterwards.

ps. I just found these by searching for a thread I already posted it on, try it brutha!.

if you were talking to me, then sorry, I was being lazy :D that happens to me past about 10. sorry though

alright, its all gravy. well anyway.... Pheonix, you can do that lift and get about 1.5" of lift for about $1oo. that is not including the alignment you will need soon after you install it. I hope you were helped out by ld50 and I.

well as i need an alignment now...(new poly bushings all over front end...as well as new upper and lower ball joints. spacers and shackles are nothing new...what exactly are the spacers you guys are talking about? are they like the ones u can buy at autozone and crap, the kind you just stuff in the coil springs.

no, these are actually a ford part that Ford put on the 96-97 2wd F-150s to level the front out with the rear i think. All you do is place them underneath the coil springs. now this does mean you will have to remove the coils.

umm ok so i need to borrow a coil spring compressor huh?. how much are these things, the spacers i mean. and how hard are they to install?

no, all you will possibly need to buy is a 1 1/8" wrench or socket (i think that's the size you need) for the coil spring hold down nut. you actually need to physically REMOVE to coil spring. Its fairly simple, you just need to be sure that all wieght is off the coils when you remove them.

well in my garage all i have is 4 jackstands and a floor jack...i think a coil spring compressor would be safer...

whatever you wanna do, but I did mine with two jackstands and a floor jack and basic hand tools. but like I said.... whatever floats your boat. ohh and the spacers are something like $16-20 a piece if I remember right, it kinda varies by dealership for some reason

cool, would it be wise to do the spacers then wait a while for the shackles? or do i need to do it all at once? money is tight and mods are slim lately...

so it all at once, unless you don't care how you X stands. if you just do one or the other, without doing both, either the front or the rear will be 1.5" taller the the opposite side. does that make sense??

yeah but the front sts a bt lower now cause back end is usually empty...maybe youre right i should do it all at once but like most ppl when i get parts they go rght on...i hate waititng lol

yeah, what I did was order my shackles first, then once those were delivered, I went that day and bought the spacers from Ford. so there was no waiting, but I also had enough to buy both at the time. but i may suggest you get the spacers first though, b/c ford may not have them later when you want them you know?

yeah theres a ford dealer about 5 miles from my house...

Hey there-

I just did this on my 92 ranger.....

You will need a 1 1/8" DEEP socket. I used a 1/2 drive 2' breaker bar with a 2' extended handle just to break the nut free. Also need an extention. Drop the socket and extention from the top of the spring perch down into the sring and get at it that way.

you dont need spring compressors.....

Unbolt your sway bar end links and shocks. Put truck on jack stands and fully remove the nut and retaining washer holding the spring in place. Then push down on the beams. The spring should come loose but will need to be turned to slide it out of the top retaining clip.

Remove the old perch and install the new perch.... put everything back together.

Its really pretty easy. This is what I followed and got the part numbers from.

http://www.therangerstation.com/factoryspacer.htm

I also installed 4" superlift rear leaf springs and got rid of my factory 3" blocks.

good luck

to help out with the coil retainer nut or whatever, I also doused (sp?) it with WD-40 everday for about a week, then the day I was gonna do it, I put an extra heavy coat on it and let it sit for about 15 minutes b4 I started. and it come off very easily, and all I used was a 1 1/8" open end wrench.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

these guys got it explained well. I actually managed to get just a 1 1/8 wrench in there myself.

The springs practically fall out when everything is allowed to hang loose. it`s a wee bit of a fight to get them back in but your tire iron is a good persuader.

Back