• Register Today It's free!

suspension lift questions

lilred95sport

Reaction score
City, State
Oxford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT 4.0 SOHC
I have a couple questions about doing a 2in suspension lift to my 95 sport. I know to lift the front 2in you do the good old tortion twist, but the rear I know I need to get my hands on some warrior shackels and should I do the add a leaf or just helper springs??? I'm kinda curious about the add a leaf cuz the sport has a single leaf spring on each side, I do have the add a leaf kit from procomp, as well as the helper springs. I'm wondering if it would be possible to do the add a leaf on a sport, or do just the shackles and dont even worry about the add a leaf or helper springs???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The ad-a-leaf will not work on mono leafs. The helper spring will not give you lift.

swap a set of four door springs in, rather than modify the monoleaf. This will help fix the sag off the bat and give you a better starting point for shackles etc.

Better yet, while the swap springs are out, take them to a spring shop and have them re arched, or a leaf added for the lift. A good spring shop will know what to do.

Shackles will give initial lift, but quickly flatten out the springs.

would replacing the leaf shims with a lift block also work with the mono springs???

explorer sport track lift question

i have a sport track 4x4 2001 and i would like to lift the truck at least 3" but since im new on this i have no idea what should i consider for the lift. i would like if someone can point me to a link where to find lift kit, i have been searching but i get lift kit for f150 and other fords but not for sport track so i dont know if those will fit. tnx in advance for any help

nevemind, i just realized if i was to put in a lift block it would actually lower the rear due to the fact that the springs are under the axel

so after reading all the replies and doing some research, my best bet would be getting my hands on a pair of leafs from a 4 door and slapping on the add a leaf to them and the shackles

so after reading all the replies and doing some research, my best bet would be getting my hands on a pair of leafs from a 4 door and slapping on the add a leaf to them and the shackles

Yep, keep in mind with the aal and shackles the rear will be an inch higher or so though.

one more question, the stock leaf blocks i know if i add more to them its just gonna lower the truck is it possible to put them ontop of the leaf???? Or what if i just remove some of them, would that do anything or no???

I just did 4door 4leaf pack with the cheap shackles from auto zone. Between the original sag to now I probably gained 4" and did a TT to level it out. I got my springs for $30 and shackles for $20. Just a warning that the upper shackle bolt will probably be stuck in the frame bushing.

Back