• Register Today It's free!

Limited 300A or 301A Package

stevesmith1328

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford XLT Silver
We are getting ready to order our new 2016 Explorer and the wife and I are split on the 300A and 301A packages. We have never had a car with most of the safety features that come in the 301A package like the BLIS and self parking. I don't see us using the self parking feature that often, but the BLIS, Lane Departure and 2nd row inflatable belts for kids is what my wife thinks is worth it. I am just not sure it is worth the $2,000.

Any thoughts either way? Would like to hear if you guys have had good experience with these safety features. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you could get just the blis, front camera, and maybe lane departure I would say they are great to have, to bad you will have to take other stuff you might not use.

i honestly use the parking feature every time i need to parallel park lol.. it's really fast and convenient. It also fits in the tightest of spots I wouldn't dear get near haha (usually if i think the spot is too tight i'll just keep driving until I find a large enough one).. Now though i'll just engage park assist before I approach.. let it scan the spot, wait for the check mark, and back that ass in.

worth it for me at least ^^.. i'll see if i can get the old lady to record a video of me finding a spot and using the park assist in the next couple of days.

Another thing to consider is your insurance. I was pleasantly surprised that my insurance went down about $37/month with the '16 Limited with 301a package vs my '10 Cadillac SRX. I was shocked actually. The insurance told me with all the new safety features of some of these newer vehicles that many people's insurance are going down. Not sure how much 301a vs 300a mattered. But I can tell you this, the blind spot detection has already saved me once!!!

Well hopefully no one has had to test the rear inflatable seatbelts but the lane departure is VERY helpful. You can set it to steer you back in the lane. And BLIS has been very helpful as well. Especially the cross traffic alert that comes with it.

Get the 301 package - the BLIS feature alone is worth it, as the Ex has some big blind spots and tiny mirror. The parking feature is also quite nice, as the Ex drives "big" compared to other mid-sized SUVs.

Plus the insurance discount may offset the cost some.

Back