Wanted Limited Seats and wheels

Parts or services wanted

luxuryman96

Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Limited
I have a 97 Explorer Limited. My drivers seat is sagging and worn and quite uncomfortable. I wonder if anybody has a pair of front seats for sale in very good condition in tan/beige Limited trim? Or maybe someone knows where I can buy some?

Also, I'd like to find a round of the original Limited wheels 15x6.5 used thru 1995. I think they called them "Y-spoke" or "diamond spoke"

If anyone can be of help, or perhaps point me in the right direction? I've not had much luck with salvage yards...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a full set of front/rear 2000 Explorer Limited tan heated power lumbar/power seats that I bought a couple of years ago to put in my 2000 XLS 4 door. I do not know how much different they are from 1997s but these seats are in great condition. The only problem is I have no way to ship them. I am asking $150.00 for the entire set, front and back, two rows. There is no third row seat set here.

I have a full set of front/rear 2000 Explorer Limited tan heated power lumbar/power seats that I bought a couple of years ago to put in my 2000 XLS 4 door. I do not know how much different they are from 1997s but these seats are in great condition. The only problem is I have no way to ship them. I am asking $150.00 for the entire set, front and back, two rows. There is no third row seat set here.

That sounds just perfect! Thank you! Could you supply a few pics? I'm in southern WV. Where are you located?

The power connectors will most likely be different. I made a jumper harness when I put in my later model seats. Also, you would have to wire in the heated function in a separate circuit.

The power connectors will most likely be different. I made a jumper harness when I put in my later model seats. Also, you would have to wire in the heated function in a separate circuit.

That's no problem. I know a really good electrician. He put my town car seats in and wired them for me when I had my town car.

I was going to make the conversion the right wayin my 2000 XLS. I actually pulled the entire in-cab wiring harness and fuse panel too because I was planning on extracting the field-end of the fuse sockets and wiring for everything that connects to the seats so I could hook everything up and make it all work correctly. I was going to remove the seats and carpet and run the wiring necessary to make the seats fully functional. I have everything up to the fuse panel, but I can't remember what I took from the driver's door. It has been too long and too many Fox Body Mustang purchases ago to remember.

If you are interested in the in-cab wiring harness to go with the seats I will ask an additional $50.00 for the harness. I MIGHT throw in the 3 tan Limited door panels that I also bought. The wiring harness is quite a mass of wiring though since it has all of the under-dash plugs and all in it. I am good with vehicle electrical work so the I was looking forward to the challenge.

It has been a while since I have posted pictures so let me fumble with it. I also have the seats on Craigslist Orlando Florida. You can search the ad number, 2772760852 , which will bring up the pictures. I will work on it and see what I can post here.

Ok, here is an attempt to post some pictures. The seats have been stored in the back of the XLS since they were bought. The pictures show the front seats unlatched so they fit in the cargo space in the back of the explorer.

Attachments

• Driver's Seat.jpg
    Driver's Seat.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 377
  • Passenger's Seat.jpg
    Passenger's Seat.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Rear Seat Half.jpg
    Rear Seat Half.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 345
  • Rear Seat Other Half.jpg
    Rear Seat Other Half.jpg