Lithium Ion Powered Motorcycle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lithium Ion Powered Motorcycle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good find. That's very cool:burnout:

Very cool! I imagine they'll soon be able to create a front hub with an internal motor thus making an AWD motorcycle.

The guys which like a roaring exhaust won't be happy. It makes a different kind of sound which sounds like a high pitch from listening to that video clip. Lithion ion batteries were involved in the Dell exploding laptop recalls. I hope that they don't have that kind of recall on these.

Very cool! I imagine they'll soon be able to create a front hub with an internal motor thus making an AWD motorcycle.

A guy near me has a 2wd minibike:D

Chain drive to both axles.

I had to go searching... It's a Rokon.

Attachments

• 2wdbike.gif
    2wdbike.gif
    64 KB · Views: 343

Thanks for the pic...that's a slick set up. Gotta be a lot of friction and mechanical losses in that set-up, but cool none the less.

The guys which like a roaring exhaust won't be happy.

Someone suggested in the comments to the article that they add a artificial engine sound so that pedestrians can hear you coming. ;)

Hey try out this website for an all electric drag cycle www.killacycle.com They claim to be the worlds fastest electric motorcycle. I think they are probably not bending the truth on that.

David

I just watched the video...:eek: That thing is insane!

That's the only time I've ever seen a drag race where the crowd was louder than the vehicle. :D

Back