Long time reader, first time poster | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Long time reader, first time poster

c_obvious

Reaction score
City, State
Yorktown, VA, by way of NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Looked this forum up when I first bought my explorer, but then I didn't have the internet for a while and other things got in the way of my plans. But, alas, things have settled down. Bought this 98 XLT after returning from Guam back in 2010. It had 92k miles on it, was serviced every 3k, and was owned by 1 old couple. Hell, it never hit the lot because it was a family friend at the dealer who told me about it. $5,000 later, she was mine. And what did I do that first weekend? Drive from NJ to NC, then VA. At first I was hesitant to get an explorer. I am a big Ranger fan, had an 89 and a 91. I was looking for another Ranger, but nothing promising came up. I've since put about 20k on it myself. Here she is, parked at Antietam Battlefield a few weeks after I got her. Comfy as hell and fun to drive. I'm glad I got it.

380_10150349525540151_653075150_16605622_7030995_n.jpg

I plan on lifting it about 2" all around, add some brush guards and some other minor things, tuck some A/T tires on it and thats about it. I do quite a bit of hiking and other outdoors things, so it would be my road trip (nearly) anywhere truck without going overboard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the welcome.

No, it's not the V8. It's the 4.0 SOHC V6.

Back