Long Travel Kit. Anyone done it on here? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Long Travel Kit. Anyone done it on here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Their are no longtrave kits available as of yet, their are a couple one off's though. Their are quite a few options to gain 6" of lift though. The 3rd gen community over the last year has come a long way with lift's for our vehicles, just give it a couple of years and someone will be stuffing 35" under one.

Really, I wasn't aware of any kits besides the Rancho, and that's far from longtravel. Roadbully makes spacers, you can get bigger coils, and the Ranger body lift works. But other than that, I think our X has a unique front end all to its own, much different from the 2nd gen and smaller than the current F-150/Expedition. If I am wrong please let me know, I am planning which route I want to go and if their is a longtravel kit out there that we don't know of, that would be awesome, but I don't think their is.

I think your right about those Kits. I dont believe the Camburg one will though. i believe its for expeditions. Dirt Alliance is working on something i believe?

Yah im not 100 percent sure about camburgs but i heard the 6.0 kit will work. And designing suspension on a daily driven car if you dont have a lot of fabrication experience is just plain retarded, your putting other peoples lives in jeopardy if one part fails doing 70 down the freeway. Atleast buy a beater thats going to be used off-road only. Thats just my $0.02, and by the way I work at a fab shop so I know there is a lot involved in designing suspension.

is yhe front suspension for the 3rd gens torsion bar??? if not then im willing to bet none of the current lt kits out there will work. i could be wrong but im pretty sure this is what ive heard.

is yhe front suspension for the 3rd gens torsion bar??? if not then im willing to bet none of the current lt kits out there will work. i could be wrong but im pretty sure this is what ive heard.

3rd Gens are coils all around. The Dixon, Camburg, BTF, and others are for the current Ranger, 2nd Gen Explorer and 2001-2005 ST. None of the kit will work on our trucks. They are 2 very different suspension designs.

Here are the front 2 suspensions, top one is torsion bar and bottom is the 3rd Gen coil.

Torsion.jpg

coil.jpg

All of the edge/expo LT kits use the stock suspension pivots. Other than making a shock hoop for the coilovers they are a bolt in deal for 2nd gen expos. Im sure if you started with a bare frame on a 3rd gen then any kit would fit. but thats when it gets labor intensive and very costly. And yes brandon does killer work at great prices.

I can make a longtravel kit from a Chevy Tahoe work, with some fabbing. So yes, their are a ton of longtravel kit for our trucks.

No not really the geometry had to be the same, and according to brandon his will work! Doesn't really matter any way you look at it it costs a lot of money to long travel a 3rd gen!

Well i didn't mean to start a big discussion. Just curious. I'm pretty sure if you have the talent you can make anything work. But it sounds like exact bolt on fit is out of the question and minor fabrication a must.

Yah I'm not going to sit here and argue, the mounts would have to be re- done any way because they are a very weak design for serious off-roaring. If any one is seriously thinking about Lt their 3rd ten then the company I work for would be more than willing to design a kit but I can almost guarantee it won't be bolt on!

Which company is in huntington beach?

I work for bajacustoms out of long beach, we mainly do sand cars and silverado and s10 kits! But we also do a lot of custom stuff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you done any tacomas?

Back