look what the dealer did to my Explorer! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

look what the dealer did to my Explorer!

gjblanchard

Reaction score
City, State
Lansing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT, 06 EB, 08 EB
I took my 2005 Explorer to my local Ford dealer today to have a small leak in the rear differential repaired (under warranty). The service writer called me six hours later to tell me that they had dropped my Explorer off the lift!!! What would you do? I'm definitely going to get a lawyer first. If I could figure out how to post photos, I would.

Gary

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This has actually happend once or twice to people on this site. I think a lawyer is a must. Good luck.

woot go ape **** on em about gettin a lawyer and whatnot, then tell them to give you a new explorer. see if you can trade a lawsuit for a new ride instead of dealing with all the lawyer crap ;)

Ouch!

wow :eek: thats ridiculous

ahahaha wow....

how bad did it mess up your X?

That's crazy! I'd have to know if it bounced!

Did any of the mechanics get hurt in the process?

Thats what i was thinking.

That stinks man. I would say if you just go talk to the owner of that dealership you can get what you want. They dont want you to get a lawyer so use that to your adviantage. Good luck

Sorry to hear about what happened. And Congratulations;) on a new car. It is almost certain that they're going to replace it with a new one.
I agree, if you can do it without a lawyer, the better.
Post some pics.

here are the pictures

Thanks for the advice folks. Fortunately, nobody was hurt.

I'm going to get a shark of a lawyer, then give the dealer one chance to give me a new truck. I'm still in shock. Anyhow, here's the pictures. This truck was in immaculate condition at 7 AM, and by 2:30 PM, this is what the dealer did to it.

Cheers, Gary
DSC01401.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

I would give the dealer a chance. I wouldn't expect a new car however. Expect the current value of your Explorer in the form of a check.

Expect the current value of your Explorer in the form of a check.

I agree!

They will probably offer you a deal on a new explorer minus the value of your current one, before the damage. Although you could luck out and have a really good dealer who will take real good care of you

it looks like the mechanic probly put the lift arms in the wrong spot, soo that kinda tells me that he was probly an intern or somthin, somone who isent experienced,:hammer: if thats the case, the dealerships insurance isent gunna cover it, :navajo:

If it is a dealership employee, intern or not they will have to cover it. Mistakes happen, unfortunate yes, I would try the calm approach first and not show my butt and see what they are willing to do. Then if they won't do what you want then start with the lawyer talk. Most Ford dealers need to keep business and not run it off by making a big stink over this, my bet is they try to help. Of course when and if they turn it over to insurance it could become a different matter. Good luck!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What ever happens, keep a paper trail. You can keep them to their word.

Back