Looking to see if i can find a b2 tire carrier | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to see if i can find a b2 tire carrier

Daltonn1234

Reaction score
City, State
Angier,N.C
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer xlt
I want to start by saying I know I'll have to reinforce the body but I am looking for a bronco ii tire carrier to mount to my mountaineer I want one off a b2 because I want to keep my stock mountaineer bumper also all the aftermarket options cost more than the whole truck did ,and want a good out of the way place to mount my spare 32" tire that's not taking up inside or roof cargo space , my question is does anyone have Pictures of them doing this and does anyone know where to get a decent priced one near Raleigh nc or surrounding areas or if someone has one they would ship

Heres A Picture of my 97 v8 mountaineer

Snapchat-258023995.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not sure about the bii, but member jefe made a tire carrier for his stock bumper. looked sharp too!

I would take a look at blazer ones too, they weren't bad and were a similar size to us. So that may not be the worst option

There is also the Wilco mount. Goes in the receiver. It has a pass through so you still have a tow point.
1656015820730.jpeg

There is also the Wilco mount. Goes in the receiver. It has a pass through so you still have a tow point.
View attachment 430869
True, didn't even think about that. Those are usually kind of expensive though, if I recall correctly?

True, didn't even think about that. Those are usually kind of expensive though, if I recall correctly?
I think around a thou... I don't recall exactly. I also added an extra 2" receiver for our bike mount, and the accessory mounts behind the tire for the rotopax, so it was a bit more.

I think around a thou... I don't recall exactly. I also added an extra 2" receiver for our bike mount, and the accessory mounts behind the tire for the rotopax, so it was a bit more.
Yeah, that's the price I thought. For that, it's more worth it to me to get an rlc rear swingout bumper, same price basically, but a little nicer in wise of strength. But hey, to each their own, do what ya want. Interestingly done on yours, how far out does it stick with both the tire and the bike mount?

Yeah, that's the price I thought. For that, it's more worth it to me to get an rlc rear swingout bumper, same price basically, but a little nicer in wise of strength. But hey, to each their own, do what ya want. Interestingly done on yours, how far out does it stick with both the tire and the bike mount?
From the tailgate to the outside of the tire is 18". That's a 35x12.5" wide tire also. The bikes add about the same with the carrier.
Also, if need be, I can take the whole mess off in 10 minutes. I can also open the glass without swinging the tire out.

You can open it without moving the tire? Does it really sit that far away?

That's nice

Back