Low Oil Level | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Oil Level

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
so here i was just thinking about changing the washer on the Low Oil Level sensor on my '01 EB 5.0L and one on my '00 Mountaineer's the Low Oil Level warning lit up on the message center. i checked the dipstick and the oil level is fine. the wire is still connected to the level sensor, so i'm thinking the $120 sensor may have bit the dust.

is there anything else anyone can suggest checking? if i unplug the sensor will the warning message go away? i don't really need it as the engine oil is checked regularly and the truck doesn't leak oil, the message is just annoying.

Update: in looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like there are 2 wires attached to the oil level sensor (haven't crawled under there yet). i wonder if i unplug the sensor and jump the 2 wires together if the Low Oil Level message will go away?

Update #2: i was about to crawl under the truck and play with the sensor wires, but when i went to move the truck the Low Oil Level message was gone. i'm sure it will be back, but no point messing with it until it does.

Back