• Register Today It's free!

lowered explorers

KIDSX

Reaction score
City, State
YORK, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 sport
Does any one have a lowered explorer? If so i will take any info you have.......I am looking to lower my 95 3 inches front and back..
Luego....KID

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might want to run a search. I know Godfather_1138 (or something similar to that) has a thread in the sport trucks forum talking about how he's going down 5 inches or something like that. Also, there are a lot of picture in the photo gallery. One that comes to mind is NaplesBill. It's a 2001, but it's really really sweet lookin.

check out explorerunderground.com , mostly lowered Xs there, we got some too though :)

yep, I guess you could say we have a few lowered Xs around here.

Check out my "going for the gusto" thread here in the sport trucks section. Pretty much everything you need to know, plus some, can be found there. Sorry about the pics, they will be back up shortly. If you read through the whole thing and still have questions feel free to email me.

thanx alot guys!!!!!!!
Luego....KID

What is the most economic way to lower a 93 4 door X?

To be honest, there are a few ways to go about doing this but if you want something that isn't going to hurt when you hit bumps then here is what I have found out. for a 3" static drop go with re-indexed keys for the front, get a set of 3"in blocks for the rear. More than likely your shocks are blown (they will pass as far as ok, but you can push them in with a finger or 2). If this is the case go with nitro slammers, how? and what to buy? don't know they make them pretty much custom to where your ride height. so they factor in stock height, the stress of the now lowered vehicle, and from what the customer service rep told me. Almost stop you from bottoming out (unless you drive like your 16-20yrs old). I say that because if your low, you will more than likely buy rims and if you have never had them before or never driven a car with low profile tires. Your rims and your axles will suffer. Note: this is for 2nd gens. 93 Xplorer, do a search for spdrcer he has probably the lowest first gen I have ever seen without bags.

Back