• Register Today It's free!

lowering my 93

exploder619

Reaction score
City, State
santee
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' xlt
i am interested in lowering my 1993 4x4 x. i am thinking of going 3 inch blocks in the back and i have no idea what to do up front. if you have any suggestions just shoot them out here thanks.
-chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you're only going to be able to go 2 inches up front with some coils so you'll only want to go with 1 or 2 inch blocks in the rear otherwise it will look goofy.

My buddy and I installed a 5" drop on a 93. It had 2" lowering coils, 3" drop i-beams, and in the back it had a 3" block and one or two pulled leaves. This was on a 2wd tho. For your 4x4, if you went more than 2", you probably couldn't get it aligned up front.

so the max would be around 2 inches? so just 2 inch drop coils and 2 inch blocks?

edit: Where can i get the coil springs? are there any packages that come with the springs and blocks together? also do you guys have any installation tips?

you got it. I would go with BellTech coils and blocks. those will be the highest quality and most readily available. Summit Racing or Jegs will probably have the cheapest price but shop around, just about any place carrys BellTech products.

does anyone have a link for the explorer drop coils? i could only find chevy and dodge belltech ones. if i put a 3 inch block in the back and 2 inch drop in the front would it even out?

the reason ou cant go mroe than 2" in front is your truck is a 4x4, and the oil pan will hit the ttb

ok but if i put a 3 inch block in the rear and 2 inch drop in the front would it even out since the x sits stink bug anyway?

thanks for the links, umm would i need to get 2wd standard or extended cab coils? also is anything else required for lowering the front, castor/camber bushings?

you would think 2/3 would be level on a 4 door but i think you'll find that you'll be too low in the rear and not low enough in front. stick with the 2/2. hell you may only get 1.5 inches out of those coils, sometimes it varys a little bit. the camber/caster bushings you can get from www.prosuspension.com or your local parts house. you'll need to know what degree sleeve you need though. otherwise the alignment place you use will be able to get them.

ok so 2/2 and it doesn't matter about what coils i buy, single or extended cab?

no it's the same part # 4794 either way

alright thanks for all your help i will be ordering the coils and blocks soon.

what size tires and rims could i use with a 2 inch drop

Save your money and just cut the coils and pull leafs and go mono, chaching lowerd for free. :D :thumbsup:

ok, but i think i am still going with new coils and blocks. but i just wanted to know what size rims and tires i could run.

ok, put the blocks in and awaiting on the coils. i will put pics up soon. Do the coils set up the same way on the explorer as they do on the rangers?

Back