Lunging during acceleration | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lunging during acceleration

Check this small tube here to see if it's disconnected. Mine was for months after a plug change and was battling a surging issue. Sure enough, mine was disconnected.

That was going to be my suggestion. Same thing happened to me - hose was off and caused exactly what you're describing.. Check all of those hoses, and could even be the solenoid itself

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since that solenoid is cheap and easy to get to, it probably wouldn't hurt to replace it anyways if you're getting up there in mileage, preventative maintenance.

Hello all,

I too am experiencing a WOT surging. I don't notice it any other time than WOT. At the suggestion of this thread, I checked all hose connections and it appeared okay. No codes, good power, just the slight surging at WOT.

Suggestions?

Hello all,

I too am experiencing a WOT surging. I don't notice it any other time than WOT. At the suggestion of this thread, I checked all hose connections and it appeared okay. No codes, good power, just the slight surging at WOT.

Suggestions?
Another thread on "turbo lag" suggests running 93 octane. Maybe try that and post your results. I am considering, but not much WOT driving on my part these days ;)

Another thread on "turbo lag" suggests running 93 octane. Maybe try that and post your results. I am considering, but not much WOT driving on my part these days ;)
It might help but I don't believe the grade of gasoline is the issue as they all are able to run on 87.

Peter

Hello all,

Suggestions?
Have you checked the throttle body? It is a problem with the 2016 model.

Peter

Back