Main Divide Road in the O.C. Oct. 17th 2010 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Main Divide Road in the O.C. Oct. 17th 2010

...I believe it is now contained with approx. 50 acres burned around the Blue Jay campground...

...They had supertankers and helo's on it all afternoon...If the trail is still open there, we will be driving thru that area at the very end of the trail...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

News report I just saw said they will not have it fully contained until Sunday somtime.

And it's going to be in the 100's this weekend:(

...Crop...I just heard that too...

...Odd's are they will close down all access to the Main Divide rd. except for emergency vehicles...and until the investigation and high temps are over...:(

The trail is officially closed as of this am..
Posted via Mobile Device

...They said they had mop-up crews in there but with the Extreme fire conditions they will keep it closed for a while...

...Considering we have not had any rain in quite a while, it will be in the 100*s for the next week, and they expect single digit humidity, it's a good thing...I used to live all over that area and you don't want to be there when a fire breaks out..:(

it will be closed for a while..:(
Posted via Mobile Device

...I talked to the Rangers today and the Main Divide rd. is open...Barring any lightening strikes, flash floods, or fires, we may be able to do this. this Sunday....

Im in for when you guys get a new date planned. Any idea on when?

...How about the 17th of October???

...If we get a couple more yea's, maybe a Mod could do a title change..:notworthy

And i'm a maybe, i've been keeping an eye on this thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..First post has been updated..;)

Back