• Register Today It's free!

Maintance/common problems

noruckus

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT, OHV
So after buying a 2000 Exp 4x4 couple of weeks backs, I think it's worthy of keeping and investing a few bucks in. 1st there is a oil leak in it, question, where/are there common oil leaks from, also what are the common problems that arise with this model. Looking to/invest into keeping this vehicle going for many more miles, has 164k on it now, what do I need to think about taking care of soon or in the near future to keep my EXP going strong. All suggestions are appreciated, Will take care of watch issue as need arises, but most importantly I think that I will have fun with this vehicle and will enjoy upgrading it through the course of time.

For the oil leak start checking the minor stuff first.. the oil pressure switch, oil filter, and valve covers. It it's none of those, then it could be more serious such as the oil pan gasket or rear engine seal. You need to degrease everything to get a better idea of where the leak is.

For the oil leak start checking the minor stuff first.. the oil pressure switch, oil filter, and valve covers. It it's none of those, then it could be more serious such as the oil pan gasket or rear engine seal. You need to degrease everything to get a better idea of where the leak is.
Very right about degreasing it, just waiting for a break in the weather, don't want to do it till I now it's not gonna drop below freezing at night.

Back