• Register Today It's free!

Measuring actual angle with TT

NYX

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
Ok I know what youre all gonna say but its been a while since I played with the TT on my truck and going through different sized tires and all I lost track of how much lift Ive gotten with the TT from stock height. I know that more than 2" isnt advisable on a 4wd and the max angles were mentioned to be around 22 degrees. I wanted to see if Im at the optimal height right now without getting in the "danger" zone with the angles and correct it if Im not. The one thing I know is when I crank them all the way the angles must change a whole lot because the truck becomes very hard to control, even with an alignment.

If anyone has a pic that would show where to measure the angles and knows what the optimum angle (i guess equal to 2" of lift) is that would be really helpful

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok the weekends coming up, i expect a good photo by monday. j/k

I'll try to remember to get ya some info when I get home. I'm on a 'borrowed' computer right now and don't have access to my truck for pix and measurement points. Basically, all you have to do is measure the horizontal and vertical distances of the axle shaft or lower control arm, and perform the sine function to determine the angle.

id really appreciate the pics whenever you can get them

I hate too sound to newbie-ish, but what is TT?

Torsion Twist. Its tightening the bolt for your torsion bars to give it a suspension lift about 1-2"

Ah, alright, thanks.

Back