• Register Today It's free!

Megasquirt Xploder

93XploderMS

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer, Or
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer limitless
I finally registered to this forum, I have use it often in my quest to make my X a cheap toy.... A little about my X, its a 1993 sport with the md05 and 4.0ohv. it has 2" body lift and 3" suspension lift. I run 35" AT (got them cheap) so I cut the fenders. I'm running stock 3.27 gears, with the tires its real hard on the clutch. I have a brand new flywheel and valeo 10 1/8" clutch waiting to go in. I hydro-locked it last November and put in my extra engine in last January. I pulled the heads, shaved them .020 and did a valve job. Between Jan and now I have been playing with a couple different MAF sensors, no real luck. My research led me into Moates quarterhorse, That led me into downloading the tuner program to see if my box number ZAP was fully supported, its not. ZAP7 might be. so more research and I found megasquirt I can run the ford EDIS timing curve plus all fuel. Bingo, I have a MS I. I built it 13 years ago and put a throttle body injection on my K20. Tuning was annoying so I put the carb back on (daily driver then). So my question, is anyone running one??

Back