merry christmas, i need parts and the stores are closed grrrrr | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

merry christmas, i need parts and the stores are closed grrrrr

chris c

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
:mad:

i decided to put on the warn manual hubs that have been sitting in the garage for a week. a 20 minute job goes south turning into a 2 hour job that i can't even finish now!!! :mad:

some how the threads on the passenger lugs were hosed and the lug nuts were frozen on. basically the lugs go destroyed removing the lug nuts. no biggie, i kinda needed to do rotors anyway. i ran down to the autoparts store and got new rotors, bearings, grease seals, pads, lug nuts, etc...

i come home, put everything together and just as i go to bolt the wheels on i notice that the lug nuts i bought don't have the shoulder i need for the aluminum wheels!!! :mad: :mad:

this sux cause everything is closed till thurday. hopefully they will stock those friggen lug nuts... :mad:

Take one off of each other wheel. Make sure they are spaced apart and are all tight and then it is at least driveable if you need to use it. Then you can put the jackstands and jack away, and all you need to do is put the lug nuts on when you get them.

Could be worse. Last year, not only did I have to get my transfer case replaced on Labor Day, I had to get my engine head rebuilt at 9PM on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Now that's just plain bad luck :rolleyes:

Back