MFT has frozen - what to do? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT has frozen - what to do?

Hi everyone!

I have a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited. My MFT screen went black yesterday. Although I am still under 36K miles, I am TWO WEEKS past the expiration of the standard warranty. I looked in the fuse box and the #29 fuse slot was empty. Do you know if this is something that a dealership would still cover? Is there any type of grace period? If not, what is the easy way to reboot the system for a non-technical guy? Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum pgreen822.:wavey:
A black screen is usually a sign that the APIM (Accessory Protocol Inferface Module) has died. Ford has extended the warranty on this item to 5 years.
You should have received a letter from Ford on this over a year ago.

Peter

Attachments

• 0985a_017.JPG
    0985a_017.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 228

Welcome to the Forum pgreen822.:wavey:
A black screen is usually a sign that the APIM (Accessory Protocol Inferface Module) has died. Ford has extended the warranty on this item to 5 years.
You should have received a letter from Ford on this over a year ago.

Peter

Thanks, Peter! We did not get the letter, but we have moved and maybe it didn't get forwarded.

Hi everyone!

I have a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited. My MFT screen went black yesterday. Although I am still under 36K miles, I am TWO WEEKS past the expiration of the standard warranty. I looked in the fuse box and the #29 fuse slot was empty. Do you know if this is something that a dealership would still cover? Is there any type of grace period? If not, what is the easy way to reboot the system for a non-technical guy? Thanks!

Hi pgreen822,

The fuse is needed in order for MFT to work. If you have a spare 20 amp fuse, you can try inserting it into slot 29 to see if your system comes back on. Otherwise, I suggest making an appointment with your dealership to have it looked at. I see Peter already gave you the details on the APIM extended warranty. :)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Hi everyone!

Which fuse 29 was this? If it is the one in the fuse box in the engine compartment, it is supposed to be blank. The fuses for the MFT are located in the one under the dash.

Peter

Back