MFT won't turn on? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT won't turn on?

Optimus

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
Hey everyone,

Today our 2011 Explorer MFT system decided not to turn on. Screen is completely dead. I've tried rebooting with the USB, no reaction. Tried master reset in the setting. Tried fuse pull and battery cable pull... nothing.

Any ideas? Oddly enough the car started dinging after I popped the fuse panel. Stops after I turn off the car and close the door. When I get back in it dings until I get back out.

Very bizarre.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Rebecca,

No, I pulled it when it was off. I took it into the dealer and they're stumped. They're calling Ford or something to find out what they can do. Have to take it back in this Friday.

By the time this gets looked at we'll be without the center screen controls for a week and a half. Not cool. No radio or seat warmers. Surprising all the things that screen controls.

I'll repost when I find out what happened.

Hi Rebecca,

No, I pulled it when it was off. I took it into the dealer and they're stumped. They're calling Ford or something to find out what they can do. Have to take it back in this Friday.

By the time this gets looked at we'll be without the center screen controls for a week and a half. Not cool. No radio or seat warmers. Surprising all the things that screen controls.

I'll repost when I find out what happened.

Sounds good. Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

Rebecca

Thought I'd give an update. The dealership ordered and installed a new radio control module. We're back up and running. Almost two weeks without that screen sucks. Limited controls and dead stereo.

They even replaced our A pillars to get rid of the rattle and removed some caked on gum off our passenger door. Did it all at no charge!

Awesome service! Shout out to Shanahan Ford in Newmarket Ontario!

Thought I'd give an update. The dealership ordered and installed a new radio control module. We're back up and running. Almost two weeks without that screen sucks. Limited controls and dead stereo.

They even replaced our A pillars to get rid of the rattle and removed some caked on gum off our passenger door. Did it all at no charge!

Awesome service! Shout out to Shanahan Ford in Newmarket Ontario!

That's great; :thumbsup::thumbsup: for you and Shanahan Ford! Please let me know if you have any other issues. :)

Rebecca

Back