MFT unable to manage keyless entry codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT unable to manage keyless entry codes

spr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Expl XLT 4WD
Hi folks.

This is sort of a duplicate post - but I wanted to get it into the IVT forum and see if the Ford folks had any ideas here.

(Original thread here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366843 )

Summary:

1) Go into MFT Keyless Entry settings.
2) Enter factory code to get in. OK.
3) Execute 'Delete all User codes' from the MFT keyless entry.
4) Trying to go back into MFT Keyless Entry settings by entering the factory code no longer works. Cannot get in.

Programming, and entry/unlocking from the outside keypad still works normally. Ability to manage it from MFT is what is broken.

There was a suggestion to recreate a 'user' code the same as the factory code to get MFT functional again - but that does not work, it seems.

Any comments or ideas appreciated. (well besides doing a 'master reset' that is... ;-) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I certainly will. Thank you kindly.

I forgot to mention this when at the dealer today - but I wont forget.

I note with interest that the owners manual details how to manage the keyless codes from the exterior keypad only. Nothing in there about using MFT to do it - besides a 1 line reference to the MFT menu option - it does not discuss creation of, deletion of, or management of codes from MFT. I wonder if this was a hastily inserted function that still has at least one important functional bug. ("Dont use the 'Delete All User Codes' option in MFT!")

Also posted in another thread but include here too:

"So...seems I have the same problem I have seen at least one other person has: MFT only accepts the master code maybe (MAYBE!) one out of 10 tries.

I inexplicably got in (after numerous tries) and added a new code and then immediately couldn't get in again. Wierd. I do have a life however so I'm not going to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of the tootsie pop. ;-)

Diagnostic mode shows:

Vcmu: 2.4.17
Ccpu: 4.29.12285_Product
SQLite: 3.6.21
Nav: 3.34.4
Map: A4
Etc.

Not sure how that translates to MFT version?

Regardless... Looks like some kind of interface bug. I'll chalk it up to 'doesn't work on MFT, or at least unreliably' and use the keypad if I need to program it."

p.s.... via syncmyride.com:
Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1

Back