MFT w/Nav - more problematic than w/o Nav? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT w/Nav - more problematic than w/o Nav?

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
When I stopped at my dealer last week, he mentioned that you are more apt to have problems with MFT if you have the Navigation installed.
I've noticed several people posting with MFT issues, and am wondering if this is true.
I haven't had any problems (knock on wood), and do not have Navigation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same boat here, no nav..no problems. v2.4

No Nav...Minor snafu's....but nothing that requires reboots or anything. Not sure which version I have, where do I find that?

from what i have been reading during the past couple months, no excel spreadsheet analysis, i notice the same thing, most people have problems with their MFT SYNC have the NAV system. I am not sure if this is because most people would order the MFT with NAV, and people don't need it would normally don't pay extra to upgrade to MFT...

I had no nav and had major issues with phone pairing, video not playing, personal codes not entering/deleting. Etc. It just depends on the person.

I had no nav and had major issues with phone pairing, video not playing, personal codes not entering/deleting. Etc. It just depends on the person.

oh i c...i would never be able to tell cos i don't plan on pairing my phone or play any videos...i may be use the personal codes... thanks for telling thou

my latest problem is that my phone won't stay paired for music over bluetooth. I'm not sure how to fix the problem, and I haven't tried re-pairing it because my phone seems to be working fine at this point.

I have NAV, and have had zero issues with MFT. The NAV on the other hand could use calibration, as I am 30-100 feet further down the road than were the NAV thinks I am.

my latest problem is that my phone won't stay paired for music over bluetooth. I'm not sure how to fix the problem, and I haven't tried re-pairing it because my phone seems to be working fine at this point.
I’m glad to hear you’re not having a problem anymore. If you do experience any issues, please let me know by sending me a private message with the details!

Cory

I’m glad to hear you’re not having a problem anymore. If you do experience any issues, please let me know by sending me a private message with the details!

Cory

Cory:

Please let us know what Ford is doing to correct these issues. Are they aknowledging that MFT and SYNC has issues? Ford's unwillingness to formally acknowledge the problems and what they are doing to resolve are baffling to me.

I think we can all appreciate the help provided by you and Seni, but in my experience with the local Ford Motor Company Representative, it turned into "we don't aknowledge any issues (all of which are prevelant on this board) and unless you can recreate the exact situation, we won't do anything for you!"

My mistake was spending so much on a first model year vehicle and expecting that Ford had done their part, but the MFT/SYNC issue's had to be for sure known about prior to release and yet to keep the "schedule", Ford and Microsoft shipped anyways. Now WE as the customers are left dealing with a faulty product and visits to the service department, all of which is costing ME more money.

For those of you who have yet to purchase, my recommendation is to wait until Ford get's these issues resolved. While it is a great vechicle, we should not be Ford's tester's for their faulty "technology advanced systems".

Mark

I have nav. No problems here.

I have nav and v2.4 and have lots of problems. The entire system has even frozen a few times so that I can't do anything on the touch screen and even the clock stops updating. After shutting off the engine the screen stayed powered up until I took the key out of range. I need to find some time to get my dealer to update it to v2.8.

I have nav and v2.4 and have lots of problems. The entire system has even frozen a few times so that I can't do anything on the touch screen and even the clock stops updating. After shutting off the engine the screen stayed powered up until I took the key out of range. I need to find some time to get my dealer to update it to v2.8.

I was in the same boat - major and frequent reboots necessary. Was SO tired of pulling over and wedging myself under the dash to pull the fuse.

Knock on wood, 2.8 is MUCH more stable, not to mention faster responding to inputs.

Zero problems. Everything works seamlessly. My Range and MDX buddys are blown away with this Explorer.

2FST4U,

I’m sorry for missing your post. I know we are always researching ways to make MFT and SYNC better which includes resolving these issues you’re having. I still have your vehicle information from previous communication, so please send me a private message if you would like me to escalate the concerns you’re having with SYNC.

sdm9465,

I can see why those issues you’ve been experiencing would be frustrating. Are you still having these problems? If you are and you would like my help, please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer name, and approximate mileage.

Cory

My MFT with Nav has been almost flaweless so far. Mine came with 2.7 and I have not, at this point, upgrade to 2.8.

Cory, it would really help Ford and us as early adopters to see what is in each new update. A list of fixes and enhancements would go a long way in spreading the word on issues with MFT. Ford needs to understand that they now produce 100,000's of mobile computer systems and must manage software updates like they manage other maint. issues.

Even if you where to post the fix/enhancement details on this forum (less offical), it would go a long way in helping the brand image before this becomes a huge issue for the Ex and Ford.

Back